Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

✧ ✦ ✧

*.☽
| Aᴄʀᴀsɪᴀ |
  ━━━┛ Aᴄᴛ Oɴᴇ
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ┗━━━

☽| Aᴄʀᴀsɪᴀ |  ━━━┛ Aᴄᴛ OɴᴇCʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ┗━━━

"𝗖𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗯 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗲"

✧ ✦ ✧

"𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄." 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐈𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 her steps as she walked throughout the jungle. "Twenty four."

The young girl sighed and stopped in her tracks, looking around at her surroundings.

Her eyes lay on a bush by her right, covered in spots of black and red. Recognising the colours as berries, Darcie walked cautiously over to the bush and carefully picked of a few of the berries.

She thought back to the training, trying to remember which berries were poisonous and which weren't.

"Black is good, red is bad." Darcie whispered to herself as she collected more black berries.

"I wouldn't eat them if i was you." A timid voice announced from behind Darcie, "Unless you're trying to kill yourself."

"What?"

"The berries." The young girl, who couldn't have been more than a year or two older than Darcie, clarified, "The black and red are poisonous, the blue ones are the edible ones, though most of them a probably gone by now."

"Why should i trust you?" Darcie challenged, confused by the girl's politeness.

"You shouldn't, not in a game like this. However you can believe me." Her brown hair hung mesmerisingly down her back and she walked over to darcie and carefully took the berries from her hands.

"I'm Tabitha." She put her hand out for Darcie to shake, "District 12, and you are?"

"Darcie." They shook hands, "District 8."

"It's lovely to meet you Darcie, i remember you from the opening chariots, your outfit was mesmerising, as was your partner's." She handed Darcie the berries back, "Best to keep them, incase we need them for defence."

"Defence?" Darcie questioned, spinning knife around in her hand incase Tabitha was dangerous, as the pair walked onwards.

"If people, like you for example, don't know the difference between the berries we can leave them out for them to eat, that way people die without any violence."