Chapter-14

-14

Spotlight goon finally made eye contact with the target and signaled for Darby. Darby smiled and looked at his men.

"Alright boys our contact is dealing with alot right now, and if she comes flying into my arms after you get her attention Signaling goon, don't be surprised if I get some action tonight!" Darby hugged himself and made some kissing noises to ecetraite his point.

"Oi boss, I've been meaning to ask, but who is this contact?" Darby looked at his goons and sighed heavily. Wiping his face, he exaggerated his disappointment.

"She is the super spy that I have been telling you all for the past few years," Darby pointed at the coffee shop, "and is also the place where one can get the most expensive cup of joe in the city! God I feel like you guys were put on this team just yesterday!"

"Uhh, we were sir."

"Oh, right..." That snapped him back to reality. He grumbled to himself. Annoyed that this war was turning him into a mood shifting maniac, yet all of his good friend had either been killed in the concealed fighting or had been captured and tortured by the WASPS. His true grudge laid with the one person heavily financing them to take out all of the gangs in Londinium.

Initially, the WASPS were supposed to be a sort of world police force that had stations all around the world, but when the one man who had the legal prowess to convict the Devil delivered his plan to British Military Command and it succeeded in slaying the arial devil. He received all sorts of luxuries and benefits once her slain head was put up in a museum for all to bear witness to the fall from grace that was the Empire.

For his actions this man was placed as one of the few people who could wield the WASPS as if it was his own private security force. The plan that executed the Devil elevated his status from a common noble to a wealthy lord of sorts. He was still under Her Majesty the Queen, but he was now able to arrange meetings and the likes with her to try and use the WASPS.

Unfortunately one of those meetings was about his operations and the operations of all of the Londinium gangs.

'Damn you Alexander Chubladore! If you didn't send these magically enhanced freaks after us I would've been able to hold all of East and South Londinium! Now I have to settle with trying to use my greatest informat to help me with this war. Though...' Looking out at the burning house and the kneeling Defikai, Darby couldn't help but grin in delight. 'At Least now it'll be easier to recruit her for my expedition.'

It took the young brunette (she is disguised) a few long minutes but eventually the signaling goon yelped at the sight of her eyes.

"Good. Now it's time to rumble!" Dandy exclaimed to himself

Mrs. Defikai went to the back of her smoldering building and rummaged around for a bit before she came over to meet with him, a shovel hanging from her back and an black overcoat that concealed most of her figure.

"Who is it?" Came the voice devoid of all pleasantries and with a slight bit of mania.

The young woman who stood around chest height made herself feel taller as she had actually snuck up on the signaling goon towering above them before he jumped backwards in fright. A smile of the crazed and damned was plastered on her face, though her eyes were devoid of the soul and life that Darby had come to enjoy. 'This won't due.'

"Ah... as pleasant as always Mrs Defiaki, glad you could meet with us on this fine evening-" he was cut off by a vapid accusation.

"Did you do this?"

Silence rang true for a moment. Tension that wasn't there now saturated the alleyway. Mrs Defiaki suspected them of causing her misfortune. This needed to be reconciled.