Chapter 6

Alice woke early the next morning, sliding out of the warm and comfortable bed as quietly as possible. She really didn't want to wake up the person that fed her but she just couldn't sit still for another moment. After finally having a good meal and getting her first night of good rest she was restless. Energy was seemingly erupting inside of her, making her want to move and start the day.

Her foot reached for the ground below and was met with a cold hardwood floor board. Sanded and polished so one would not get a splinter on the occasion of barefoot walking. Alice stood there and took in the room.

The darkness of the morning weighed heavily on the small room that Alice was in. Taking her first steps were the most foreboding as she didn't want to make any noise. She trusted that the wood floor wouldn't squeak and was rewarded with a room of silence. Though it was probably more leveraged on the fact that through years of learning how to evade her mother had caused her to have a very light step, making this a non issue.

She made it to the door and stole a glance back making sure that she didn't wake the kind woman and quietly closed the door behind her.

Once closed, Alice made her way toward the general living area. Stopping along the way to put on some left out socks in the hamper bin, just to make sure her steps were as quiet as possible.

Making her way through the hall that led to the bedroom she reached the living area, where she could then see the weightlifting rack and the small kitchen that rounded the corner. The day was very young and only small rays of sunlight were present, providing the only illuminance for Alice to see and use as a way of navigation as she wandered about.

The thing that first caught her attention first was the weightlifting contraption that held a bunch of large black circles on it, with a steel bar hanging across the open space, providing a spot for a user to stand in. Ranging from small to large. The discs that hung from the posts were penetrated through their center. Though these discs were interesting to Alice, she was then attracted to what lay next to it.

A short dumbbell rack off to the right of the squat rack, sitting snugly in the corner, providing a whole array of cool things that she wanted to pick up. So she did so. Grabbing the metal bar in the middle of the two black hexagonal donuts, she tried to lift it but couldn't. After trying for a bit longer she put everything on the line for one last attempt but it barely moved, she did and was shot backward with her small hands slipping off of the bar. Hitting the floor with a loud thump.

Alice recovered very quickly and shot a glance back to see if she had woken up the woman, but thankfully it seemed that she hadn't. She sighed in relief, expelling a breath she didn't know she was holding.

Alice rubbed her backside as it was now stinging thanks to her tumble but didn't tend to it for long as this was far from what would make her cry. Still, she wanted to explore the place, but looking around she could now see how small the place was. The squat and barbell rack taking up a quarter of the entire space.

The kitchen was next to a very large rack of cups and extremely close to what was a washing machine. All the way down the hall held a small table that held a book with a bookmark and a comfy looking chair. Alice wanted to sit on it.

The blue cushion looked so fluffy and soft that she couldn't resist the temptation and jumped onto the seat. Snuggling deeply into the cushion, letting the soft feeling enrapture her.

A low crackle broke the silence of the room and made Alice jump out of the chair. Panicked, she searched the room for anyone but found no one.

Alice, now frightened as the dark room now felt like a trap. She heard another crackle and swore she could see a monster. Fright made her run; dashing toward the other side of the room to find a door. Grabbing at the handle with zealous haste and swung it open, locking it behind her. Then suddenly, the crackling sound came loudly from right behind her!