Chapter 5

After living almost three years in the Commonwealth. I had finally settled into my new environment perfectly.

I was currently a shop owner of a small family coffee shop. It wasn't frequented too much or too little to draw any attention from watchful eyes nor was it all that profitable. I had wished to realign myself into a more fulfilling job that my talents would suit best, but as I am currently dead to the world, I will have to make do with what I can scrap by with. Though it isn't all that bad considering I can finally brew a close imitation of Visha's heavenly brew. Maybe three more years and I'll reach her level.

Though as things stand with me and finally settling into my new lifestyle. I would have to say that starting my own routine with magic and physical training has been, 'for lack of a better term' a Godsent. Being able to better one's self and feel the effects of proper nutrition take hold is a delightful endeavor in its own right. Yet for me, I take my training as a way to forget about everything going on around me and I find a great deal of peace in the familiar movements. 

I turn the corner on my brisk morning walk and breathe in the freshest air that you can find in Londinium. Only for my nose to twitch when it picked up the faint trail of fresh iron in the air. "Blood, that's never a good sign in what is supposed to be a peaceful country." I said to myself as I went after the smell.

Now, I am by no means a person that isn't used to the smell of blood, but when it comes to blood being spilled in my peaceful neighborhood, then it is out of place and I have to go check on it. Hopefully I don't have to discipline another group of unruly teens that call themselves gangsters.

I reached the alleyway that held the smell and looked around to see if anyone was hurt. Unexpectedly when I surveyed the area I didn't find anyone. It felt like I had just stumbled onto a bomb that had already exploded. It was no longer here but it's residue remained.

I wasn't satisfied with that assumption and stepped into the alleyway. The trail of blood led to a dumpster and was dry, no new trail had been made. No, whatever was bleeding was close by. Picking through garbage that had blood stains on them. I finally found out what was bleeding, or should I say someone.

I couldn't discern the gender of the child, but I knew they were extremely young. There was new and old blood on them and When I finally pulled them out and gave them a quick look over. I couldn't find where it stopped or where it ended.
"You, my friend, have been through alot." Was all I could say as I set down the child. Resting her against the brick wall. 'To bad you have already passed on, my condolences.'

I squatted down and rested my arms on my knees, sort of like a yakuza. I reached out my left hand to brush away some of the grime and grit that accompanied all the blood on the little one. In all honesty I thought the child was dead, but as soon as my hand touched her skin I saw her shiver. 'She's alive?'

I couldn't believe my eyes. The child that had all of her hair soaked in blood and that wasn't even where most of it came from. Her dress 'I guess it is a girl.' Was also coated in the iron-smelling liquid.

I brushed away some of her hair to get a look at her face. Shockingly she had a very similar face to that of myself. Being X had to be up to something. I should turn away and leave the girl that was obviously a trap sent by him.  But as I stared at her face, I saw her lips move, but no sound came out.

She mouthed a word...

Mother?

That's when a sudden shock coursed through my body and made me drop down to one knee. I clasped my heart and frantically searched around for what I thought was a gunshot. But that was to no avail. I refocused onto the little girl in front of me. 'What the hell was that?' My mind went into overdrive while I tried to figure out what had just happened. Meanwhile my eyes glared daggers at the girl.