Chapter-9

AN: This is a long one

As Alice and I make our way back to the coffee shop I catch myself pondering on what to do once we get there.

Since Alice has been very well behaved, at least for a child her age, she hasn't destroyed nor broken anything out of my expectations. Though it still irks me that my polished wood got stained with blood. I wipe a metaphorical tear from my eyelid at the waste of money that I had indulged in to make my abode a little more comfortable. Though i don't hold it against her as it wasn't her fault for her condition.

I have always been a person of few possessions other than for books. I remembered barely having toys back when I was Alice's age. The few that I did were always useful in other aspects of life such as a rubix cube, a device made for learning a way to solve a problem by learning a set of patterns that can cause you to unlock its solution. Truly a benefiting gift that excelled at opening a child's intellectual capability to problem solve.

Ahh... What a fond memory...

In my daze I didn't realize that we had already arrived home, it took Alice tugging at my shirt to bring me back to reality and unlock the front door.

As I did so I heard the familiar bell jingle as we proceeded to shuffle further into the house.

Alice darted off to the back and I for one could use a coffee to reinvigorate myself after sitting through that awful church session. Today was my day off and I had been planning on reading this very interesting book on finance when we arrived home but I really needed some coffee.

Though I guess it was fun watching Alice play football. Small victories I guess, but still better than none at all. I went over to my bookshelf and grabbed the book I was thinking about and set it on my round table for customers.

I went off and grabbed my proper dark coffee beans and pulled out my favorite coffee brewer.

The reason for this one in particular being my favorite was due to who owned it before I did.

Yes this was my sister's brewer and it had definitely seen better days. It's silvery cold metallic look from when she first bought it had long since been covered in the old soot and mud that was forcibly stained on the device and causing it to be a more bronze color, rather than its initial metallic silver.

Alongside its history as my sister's heavenly device, I also felt that when I used it to make coffee for myself that I felt like I was being guided on how to make the perfect brew. Just like the way she did it.

I smiled at the thought and dumped my coffee beans into a strainer. I rinsed it once, then twice. Removing all the dirt what not that had undoubtedly been collected during its transit.

I then dump the coffee beans into the top container alongside pouring in just the right amount of water. If someone were to ask me how much water I use for my own brew, I couldn't give them a straight answer. I pour until I feel that it is right and revel in the godly brew that seems to come from this machine's every use.

Now it was time to grind. I slowly start at first, breaking up the roasted coffee beans into smaller chunks. As more and more get broken up I pick up the pace and start to churn the machine ever so slightly faster until I can see the coffee grounds start to sink into the basin below.

I do this for about 5 minutes until I am completely satisfied with the amount collected .

Next I grab my coffee strainer and affix it on top of my coffee pot. I pour my beans into the strainer and let the water run on low as it starts to mesh with coffee grounds and absorb their flavors, before sinking below and into my coffee pot. Where I have the burners on high so that when the newly brewed coffee reaches its basin, I don't have to wait long till I get the chance to drink it.