Chapter 7

A few weeks quickly went by, Tanya had gotten somewhat used to going to church on Sundays alongside another new excursion where she would watch Alice mingle among her peers in a game of football.

It was all gratifying stuff really, she was glad her daughter was experiencing, though it just was a little weird for her.

In both of her lives she never really had a good social life with her peers until later in life when she had become a salaryman. Only managing to obtain third place in the national exams in the first life had thwarted her progress in pursuing a degree in higher social sciences and had caused her to rethink her career options. Ultimately she had decided to go on the common salaryman route as it brought little attention to one's self and paid decently while also being a perfect desk job that anyone would kill for.

She ticks when she remembers what ended her first life.

Tanya stopped her reminiscing there as she bit down hard on her lip to stop herself from leaking the anger building inside of her. Instead she peered out at the pitch and refocused on Alice playing football.

For a supposed three year old, she was doing an absurdly good job at keeping up with the older kids and had been bumped up a division in the Sunday league so that she wouldn't make the younger kids cry because of the skill difference between them. To think that it had been only a few weeks since she had shown Alice the rules on how to play. It was an oddity for sure, but an oddity that could be explained due to the circumstances of this world.

Magic.

That was to be at least B rank and at best A. Though Tanya doubted that Alice knew that she was actively using her magic the entire time that she was walking the river Thames and again while she played football with the older kids. She just had an innate ability to use it. Alongside that, it was either very efficient as it didn't leak any magical residue that Abolish Magitech could pick up on, or it was an entirely different style of magic that wasn't of standard doctrine. Whatever it was Tanya wanted to cultivate her ability to the best of her ability. As she couldn't call herself a former HR manager if she couldn't even produce a genuine article out of a person with the talents of Alice.

Tanya's gaze suddenly sharpened as she felt an unfamiliar presence lay their eyes on Alice. She quickly followed where her instincts lead her and peered down the alleyway across the three pitches that held a multitude of unruly looking teens.

Tanya got up and moved quickly. Making sure that no one knew that she had left the sideline and was now heading to the closest alley so that she could activate her magic to its fullest to scale the unlucky building that would endure her magic blade poking small rivets in the brick so that she could reach the rooftop.

After achieving that she quickly reoriented herself and started to sprint on top of the roofs at a blistering pace. Of course she was using magic, but this wasn't the imperial doctrine of magic, no this was what Tanya had come up with herself to try and hide her signature whenever she did have to use magic. And with a very active person in her life using magic all willy nilly like, how could she stop herself in her observation of how it activated and its strengths and weaknesses.

Though she would have to give credit where credit was due. She never would have thought that jamming magical energy toward the muscles and joints would allow one to achieve a lesser effect of magical enhancement, but with that being the case for her little Alice, she couldn't not use it to its fullest potential, as being a trained mage of imperial doctrine had taught her how to study and use magical formulas. This helped with her magical flow, causing her to be very proficient at the otherwise simplistic magic.

Tanya reached where the teens had been hiding and quickly jumped down and swiftly chopped at each of their necks. Causing all of them to fall down almost simultaneously into the rubbish bins below.