Kaios sighed. The usual handbook for handling such matters does not apply. The only reason why such matters were even handled by his department is America's geographical position. If it weren't for that, the Americans would be talking to the Second or even First Foreign Affairs Department. He himself didn't know what to answer. The Third Foreign Affairs Department had never accepted any mutual defense treaties from anybody before, and so there was no precedent.

Kaios didn't dare to make the decision. Instead, he passed the American requests further up, hoping someone higher in the chain of command could figure this out.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Paradis Palace, Esthirant, Empire of Parpaldia

"What did we hire this guy for?" Remille grumbled while reading the letter from the Third Foreign Affairs Department. "Idiot can't even do his job right."

""What is it, my Empress?"" Emperor Ludius asked.

"The Americans want to sign a mutual defense treaty, my Emperor. Kaios couldn't figure out what to do since the Third Foreign Affairs Office usually just ignored such requests. Now they're just stuck," Remille said.

""And what do you think?"" Emperor Ludius asked.

"My emperor, it is my opinion that we should accept it. The Americans are capable of doing large amounts of harm to us at sea. Seeing our deteriorating relations with the Holy Milishial Empire and Mu, having them as something we could throw against those two would be…useful," Remille said.

""Huh, even the former 'Mad Dog' could see merit in accepting such a request,"" Emperor Ludius said.

"Oh come off it," Remille said, slightly giggling. "I haven't been called that in a while."

""Write a letter to the Third Foreign Affairs Department and tell them to accept it. Write it in my name,"" Emperor Ludius ordered.

With that, the letter is sent to the Third Foreign Affairs Department. With the will of the emperor being clear, the 1639 Treaty of Esthirant was signed.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Central Calendar December 1, 1639

Intelligence Analysis Division Headquarters, Otaheit, Kingdom of Mu

Technical Officer Myrus looked through the files taken from the Empire of Parpadea. Starting with the first, the blueprints for their newest warship.

"Reducing numbers of small guns to add bigger guns on the bow and stern in turrets eh? Pretty interesting that they've figured it out," Myrus said. He wasn't worried. The Parpaldians are still 80 years behind Mu in terms of naval technology. He is confident that by the time the Parpaldians reached their current level of technology, they would've moved on.

"Still not a threat, alright, let's see about the other file…" Myrus said, switching over to the files about the emerging nation that calls themselves the 'United States of America'. He knew the rumors of how advanced they are, perhaps closer to the superpowers at their most advanced. However, looking at the magic photo of an American warship taken at Esthirant, Myrus felt only confusion.

"Yeah, I just don't get it at all," Myrus said, looking at the magic photographs.

"'What is it, Myrus?'" Lassan walks in, overhearing Myrus' confusion.

"The American ships, the design just makes no sense," Myrus explained, showing Lassan the pictures.

"'I'm no technical officer, so you might as well explain to me what exactly is wrong with it.'"