"Your honor, may I approach?" Hermione spoke and the judge agreed. Draco watched as Hermione approached the bench and began to talk to the judge. His concerns were growing even more so as his heart felt like it was sinking deeper into the pit of his stomach.

"Are you sure?" The judge asked her and she nodded, happily. "Very well. You may be seated." Hermione looked to Draco and nodded again, giving a smile before seating herself. Draco saw a slight glimmer of hope now, seeing that Hermione had clearly changed her mind, and his heart began to beat harder with anxiety tormenting his mind. "Well, with Miss Granger's retraction of her concerns for public safety in regards to Miss Pierce, I have no grounds to send her back to Azkaban." The judge finally said after a few minutes of contemplation. Over half of the crowd cheered, joyfully, for this meant Ophelia would be free of the chains to that hell. "Quiet, quiet!" The judge banged the gavel. "That doesn't mean I don't have my own reservations for a potential threat. Had this not been brought up, I'm sure all would be well and fine. But I hate to say it, Miss Pierce does pose a sense of threat to our kind, being that she has full memory of everything she possesses and has done." Draco's eyes widened even more so in fear. Hermione too, was confused now as to what would be done. "With that in mind, I move forward with the motion to obliviate and release into muggle society."

"What?" An abundance of people shouted as Ophelia glanced around, not expecting this could ever be the outcome.

"Your honor, I don't think that's necessary—," Hermione attempted to protest.

"I think it is. She went, what? Seven years not knowing she had magic within her and only found out due to you bringing her into the light? She could go a lifetime without knowing what powers she holds and I see that as a proactive safety measure." The judge informed Hermione, who was now sinking back into her chair, shamefully. Cormac approached Ophelia at her seat beside the judge, worriedly.

"We can go for a mistrial." He told her, trying his hardest to come up with ideas to get this overturned. "Too many people support you, this isn't practical."

"Cormac, it's okay." She whispered to him, sadly, gently touching his hand on the table in front of her.

"Ophelia, this isn't fair for you." He whispered to her and she shook her head.

"I need to, for once in my life, let destiny take its course. Thank you for trying, though." She whispered in response and he nodded, disappointed in her desire to just let this happen. 

"Your honor, please." Draco began to walk toward the judges bench. "You can't do this to her. She's already gone through so much."

"I stand by my statement, Mister Malfoy." The judge glared down at him, while the sea of people were discussing rather loudly amongst themselves. "We can reassess the possibility of memory restoration in say... ten years?" The judge told him and he felt as though his legs would give out underneath him. Pansy and Blaise were panicking, as Pansy stared at Ophelia with tears streaming down her face. "Mister Dodge, could you please prepare Miss Pierce for the obliviation?"

"You're doing it now? You can't even let us have some time with her?" Draco practically yelled and the judge shot another glare at him.

"You have five minutes." The judge said, before Mister Dodge walked over to Ophelia and led her to a room in the back. Soon after, Draco, Pansy, Blaise and Fred entered in. Draco ran to Ophelia, scooping her up in his arms.

"I'm so sorry, Ophelia. I'm so so sorry." He sobbed into her shoulder as she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him as close as possible.

"This is so fucking unfair." Pansy sobbed, as Blaise reached around her shoulder and they all hugged her. Even Fred joined in. Time was going so fast, and they only had such a small amount of time. The door opened and they all looked to see Hermione standing there with tears streaming down her face and a shake of her head.

"Ophelia, I don't even know where to begin. I was wrong. I was so wrong." She cried, as Ophelia pulled away from her friends and walked up to Hermione, staring at her. "I should have just spoken to you. Or we could have come up with something. I dont know why I was so blind." Ophelia continued to look at her, before wrapping her arms around Hermione's body and pulling her into her.

"It's okay, Hermione." She assured her. "Everything's okay." She now was lying to herself, as she too, began to cry. Draco and the others decided it would be best to not start an argument with Hermione right now. They didn't want to waste their last few minutes with Ophelia, before she forgot everything entirely. Time was so precious and so limited. Ophelia turned back to her friends, and then to Draco. They decided to leave, giving the two of them their final moments together. She smiled sadly at him as he pulled her into his chest and caressed the back of her head with his hand. The two of them stood there for what felt like a lifetime before a soft knock broke them apart, and they turned to see Cormac standing in the doorway.

"It's time." He sounded just as disappointed as everyone else had. With Ophelia, you either were with her in support, or against her and terrified. And it was clear more were by her side than the other.

"I love you, Ophelia. I'm going to find you." He told her, as she began to follow Cormac out of the room. She glanced back at him in the doorway and gave a smile.

"I know you will."