chapter seventeen

Sorry for the delay you guys, i wanted to finish some other books and now i can finally focus on this one and work on getting it finished as well. Now this book only has about 2-4 chapters left so i will be ending it very soon.

i hope you guys enjoy the rest of it and thank you for your patience :)

*August pov

I looked Down at Crystal who was still sleeping. I didn't know how the hell to deal with all of this because i'm pretty sure i'm all over the news by now.

i got up and washed my face and checked my phone from any updates.

Mostly all my missed calls and notifications were from my manager. I ain't got no words for him at all. My most main priorities right now is crystal and my career. 

"is everything okay?" i looked up to see crystal standing there rubbing her eyes. "Yeah, it's just alot of bullshit i gotta put up with because of my manager." i answered.

"Im sorry" she said softly

"man don't be. None of this shit is your fault. My manager and his dumb ass shit he pulled is what caused it. but somethings going to have to change." he said.

"What do you mean?" i asked.

"It's not safe out here for you or your little niece. New orleans is my city and all but look ma you gotta leave. Especially now that your face is all over the city, you need to be somewhere more safer" i told her.

"like where?" she shrugged.

"You can come live with me, in ATL" i said.  Her eyes widen and i knew that caught her off guard.

"August..."

"nah listen" i pulled her on my lap. "you need to get out of new orleans. I can't stay around here for long to make sure you good but if you come to ATL you can find better opportunities and you ain't gotta worry about struggling for shit." i explained.

she took a deep breath and sighed. "okay, but i wanna do it immediately" she agreed.

"Cool, that's even better" i said.

___________

*1 month later*

*crystal pov

Moving to ATL was the best thing for me. i recently just got a job as a waitress at this fancy restaurant. Plus i started a new college but it's online so that makes it even better.

Naiomi is in temporary custody with my mom but today i have to fly back out to New orleans for the custody hearing. I know it's not promise they will let me continue to have custody for her but she's everything to me and i promised my sister i wasn't going to let anything happen to her. 

August had to leave ATL for these concerts so im going back there with a couple of his body guards to make sure i land there and leave there safely. Hopefully i will be coming back with naiomi.

once my flight landed i headed straight towards the court house and it was hell. It was nothing but cameras and microphones all in my face as i tried to get inside. I never thought being involved with a celebrity would attract so much attention, but i'm just gonna have to deal with it.

when i made it inside i walked into the courtroom as scheduled. It was only a short amount of time before we began. I did have a lawyer, thanks to august help and i was keeping faith that i win this case.

"your honor my client sister wanted her to raise her daughter she felt like mrs, myers is more capable of taking care of her then her own mother. i have records and this restraining order against the grandmother from mrs.Myers sister.  The records shows the charges and assault the grandmother did to her sister, which is the mother of little girl. What if, and i do not mean to scare anyone but what if the mother becomes angry and tries to assault the little girl is she granted full custody?"

"That's a lie, i would never hurt my granddaughter and that's nothing compared to how much destruction my other daughter has put naiomi in. Home robberies, i just found she was discharged from the hospital  a month and a half ago" my mom interrupted.

"objection! your honor my client took her to the hospital because she became sick on her own. When a child becomes sick you are suppose to give care and make sure the child is okay. My client brought her there, tooken care of her and played her role as the parent legal guardian"

"but if she would of been taking care of her right, then the little girl would of never gotten sick now would she?" my mothers lawyer chimed in.

"order!" the judge ceased.

the court continue and i was growing angry because my mom has conducted alot of bad things and she has no right to keep pulling out my skeletons in the closet when she does.

"can i here your final words for your client mr.james" the judge told my lawyer.

"yes, your honor. My client has recently moved out of New orleans and to Atlanta Georgia because of how bad the city has toll over her and her niece unlike the mother who is living in the city. If you grant full custody towards the grandmother, that can be dangerous towards the little girl because of the environment she is in, unlike atlanta that is more safer. Also the grandmother isn't financially stabled, she's also in debt with her bills and is struggling to make payments. If she can't afford her bills why should she afford another child?"

"objection your honor, my client daughter has been involved with a shooting that can also harm the child."

"where did this shoot out take place?" the the judge asked.  "Belvet Morose blv on the 2300 block."

"and the city name?" she asked. "new orleans but your honor it still happened she-"

"that still in New orleans which isn't exactly safe for the child.looking at the paper work mr.james has proved me with financial moves the mother has made unlike you who is just going as you do."

"but your honor-"

"this case has ended and i am granting full custody to the aunt and visitation towards the grandmother. case dismissed" she banged her gavel and a big sigh of relief came through me.

"thank you so much mr. james" i shook his hand as we walked out the court room. "it's was a pleasure doing business with you" he agreed.

"Auntie!" naiomi ran up to me

"hi my baby" i picked her up and hugged her as tight as i could. "do i get to come home with you now?" she asked.

"yes but were not going to be in new orleans no more okay. you and i are gonna live with uncle august okay?" she smiled and nodded.

"Eh em" someone cleared there throat. i turned to see my mother. "what?" i rolled my eyes."this isn't the end of it crystal. Just because that little celebrity your currently  involved with is saving your ass that don't mean im not watching you. I know naiomi will be back in my hands. It's only a certain amount of time" she said and walked off.

i shook my head and looked at nai. "you ready to go sweet?" i asked.

"ive been ready!" she cheered.

"good cause your gonna love atlanta" i said.

I know it's a better future out there for me and my niece and im willing to find it all out as we proceed our lives there. i know the public will find out but i don't care. They don't know me and August relationship.

let's see what happens

________________

please vote, comment, fan/ follow me

~take care

~corrections n progress

~xoxoxoxo Tyvia