16

1975, 26 December.

He hated it.

He hated them. He most of hall hated her, his mother was what she was supposed to be, yet she never acted like it- he hated her so much, he wished her dead. She meant nothing to him, just as he knew he meant nothing to her with how much she would hurt him. He hated feeling this way, feeling so alone in a place that he was supposed to call home.

Sirius Orion Black has had enough.

Was there any real reason to stay here anymore? He just didn't belong. He was the only Gryffindor in his family, a disappointment, a 'waste' of space- a disgrace to the name Black. He was the only son his parents weren't proud of. That they just couldn't expect him for who he was. He didn't want to change who he was. He was Sirius Black, and he wanted to walk his own path, not the one that he was expected to walk as a future Lord Black.

His parents had already dug their claws deep in Regulus and Polaris- his baby brothers. They were long gone and too deep to pull out, with them following the stupid ideology of their parents. Sirius wasn't like them, the only non-bigoted, purist freak, freak.

He had gotten into another argument with his father. Then his mother decided it was the perfect time to bring up his grades! He hadn't even done bad, but yet she was screaming at him like some banshee.

A passing grade included, Outstanding (O), Exceeds Expectations (E), Acceptable (A) and A failing grade included Poor (P), Dreadful (D), Troll (T). He failed nothing, yet she was still angry at him. At this point, she was looking for just any little thing to scold him for- he was sick of it

'O' in Transfiguration.

'O' in Charms.

'A' in Potions.

'E' in History of Magic.

'O' in Defence Against the Dark Arts.

'A' in Astronomy.

'E' in Herbology.

'O' in Care of Magical Creatures.

'E' in Study of Ancient Runes.

He did good! He got 4 Outstandings, 3 Exceeds Expectations and just 2 Acceptables. Then she decided to compare him to his brothers, Regulus and Polaris, who got way more Outstanding. She was infuriating. It was completely different! Regulus was a fourth year, and Polaris was in his BLOODY FIRST YEAR, so what more did she want?!

"You're an embarrassment to the House of Black, a Blood Traitor! Even that filthy Halfblood that regulus has befriended is a Slytherin with an understanding of our ways! Why are you shaming me? Why do you enjoy embarrassing this House!?" His mother shouted at him.

Of course, his mother didn't care that someone could have died... she cared more about the family image. Besides, the whole Snivellus thing was an accident. Sirius wasn't even sure what he was thinking. He was just so tired and annoyed with the damn Slytherin sticking his nose where it didn't belong. Always following and targeting them.

He was annoying, so of course, Snivellus decided to start sneaking around to find out what was wrong with Mooney. The prat was trying to get them expelled or something, trying to figure out what they were doing, then the idiot Snape decided to start hitting at Sirius that he knew. Perhaps Sirius should have handled it differently instead of telling him to press the knot.

Snape goes to the willow and presses the knot, and in the meantime, Sirius had told James that he told Snape to press it. Thnakfully, James ran down to the Willow and managed to get Snape out of the tunnel in time.