2

1971, 24 June.

Once again, Polaris was sat in front of his tutor. This lesson was a bit more boring than the other ones he usually has. Well, it was just this part that was boring earlier they were doing maths problems and literacy. His tutor also talked more into the depth about the history of magic. Polaris remembered most of the things he mentioned. He'll have to go over the notes he wrote.

Polaris has always hated his Friday morning classes; they always start at 8am sharp, no earlier or later... all his lessons start at 8am, though the reason he hates his Friday lessons is due to the fact the boy would rather sleep in on Fridays, no matter how much he learned new things he would rather sleep in on a Friday.

Polaris has three classes every week, all of which land on Mondays, Wednesdays and, of course, Fridays. They all last 4 hours long, all ending at 12pm, with breaks in between.

Sirius's lessons last longer than Polaris's and Regulus's lessons. Since he's the heir and all, Polaris couldn't be more glad he wasn't the heir. He most definitely wouldn't want to sit through the classes longer than he needed to, but maybe he wouldn't mind. It just depends on what they're doing and if time flies by without him knowing.

He likes his tutor; he was interesting and very understanding. He taught at a pace that he enjoyed. Whether he understood or struggled, the man was patient. His name is Alren Rowle, a pureblood. Of course, Walburga wouldn't have anything less to teach her children. Polaris was pretty sure his mother picked the tutors for Sirius, Regulus and himself.

Winster Rowle was tall, maybe about 180cm, with light brown hair and brown eyes to compliment his pale skin.

Currently, Polaris was slouched in his armchair with a book on his lap, 'beginners guide to potions' it read he found it to be an interesting topic but right now, he rather be done with the lesson.

Mr Rowle was explaining the fundamentals and instructions of brewing a specific potion. Polaris wasn't too sure what potion the man was blabbering about, but it was something complex for sure, seeing how lost in explanation Mr Rowle was.

Polaris was staring right at him, but everything he was saying wasn't registering. He was really good at paying attention but at the same time not.

"Polaris?"

'I wonder what we'll be eating today. Oh yeah, we were going to some gala. I hate those balls. It's neverending. There are always so many people all at one place', he thought.

'Hadrianus and Corvus made them bearable. They're my closest friends. Anyone else is just considered allies'.

"Polaris"

No longer was he zoned out, "Um, yes, Mr Rowle?" he said sheepishly. 'Dang it, he caught me not paying attention'. Perhaps, he wasn't 'good' at pretending to pay attention when he wasn't.

Mr Rowle chuckled at Polaris's sheepish gaze, "Did you not understand any of that?" he asked.

'Understand what? I stopped listening before he even started...'.

"Um, Mr Rowle, I deeply apologise, but I wasn't listening," He said truthfully, not seeing the point of just lying, maybe what he had said was important, and the man would repeat himself.

Alren Rowle sighed lightly at the bluntness, then smiled, "Ahh, you know Polaris, sometimes I forget you're just seven. I was rambling on again, wasn't I? well, I hope I haven't put you off the idea of potions. I hadn't even discussed the fundamental basics of it," he said.

He looked at his pocket watch, "Well, it seems we're done our lesson for today; I'd like you to read this book for our next lesson".

He started flicking through the very first pages, "I suppose you can read until page 10 to get a bit of an understanding of what we will be discussing in our next lesson".