7

1975, 1 September.

Orion just sighed in annoyance. He honestly just wanted it to be done and over with and go home. "For Merlin's sake! Let the boy go", he hissed towards his wife Walburga as they stood behind her while she pestered their youngest.

Walburga glances back at her husband with a glare, then back to Polaris.

'Yes, just let me go, woman! Sirius didn't even have to follow us. He just let on his own, while Regulus left as soon as he reached the platform, while I was stuck here listening to some stupid speech about upholding the Black's honour, oh and of course Slytherin this Slytherin that, Merlin this woman couldn't get more infuriating'.

Her lips sat in a straight line before she sighed, "You may go now", she said. With that, Polaris didn't wait for anything else but just left their side straight away.

"Pol!" he heard a voice from his right. Glancing, he saw Corvus coming his way with a big trolley, much so as big as his.

He grinned, "Did your uncle and aunt give you a long speech just like my mother did?"

"I guess... my aunt had to interrupt my uncle. Merlin, I thought it would never get out of there. I had never heard so much of the word 'honour' in one sentence. That old man thinks I'm going to make a fool of myself," Corvus said as he rolled his eyes.

Polaris laughed, "Are you not, Corikins?"

Corvus rolled his eyes as he raced ahead.

They both put their stuff away and found a compartment to settle in.

Corvus and Polaris sat in the compartment alone, talking, while they waited for the train to start moving.

Polaris was more focused on the grey cat that was curled against Corvus.

"And then she had the audacity to tell me it was because-"

Cutting him off, Polaris spoke with a frown, "Cor? What happened to Nela? Why is there a different cat on you right now?"

Corvus went slightly red and chuckled nervously, "Well, you see... Nela kinda died?"

He said it so uncertain that Polaris couldn't contain his laughter. What? Died? Did he need to say it like that?!

He burst out laughing, clutching his stomach. Corvus only turned reader than he was, not at all amused by Polaris finding the death of his cat funny. "Oi! Stop that. Why are you even laughing? I just told you my beloved cat died," Corvus mumbled, annoyed at the laughing fit his best mate was having.

Finally calming down, he whipped the one tear that slid down his face. He took a deep breath with a smile on his face, "I'm sorry, that was quite insensitive of me to start laughing like that... may I ask how she died?"

Corvus rolled his eyes, "Well, it wasn't even my fault. To be honest, I have no idea how she died; I just know it was my cousin's fault".

"I'm guessing your cousin Jasper; how come I wasn't told she was dead, and when did she die? Did you really think I wouldn't notice the different cat or something?"

"Yeah, Jasper, he never exactly told me what happened either. He just came to my room and gave me a dead corpse and said sorry, then left. I was pissed for like a whole month. It happened like last year. I didn't tell you because I knew you would have laughed or something.... Which you did, of course," Polaris gave him a nervous smile.

"And of course, I knew you would notice the different cat! I just happen to tell you I had gotten a new one before today anyways besides that" Corvus disrupted the cat's slumber and picked it up.