1

1964, 25 March.

Cries of a newborn filled the room, calming the residents of the room on one cold night in March.

Orion Black held now a calm small figure of his third child with the utmost care as he observed the small child that had started to soften his heart. He was relaxed and happy, he had thought his child had been stillborn, but when his son's cries filled the room, relief took over the sorrow. 'perfect,' he thought as he watched the newborn wiggle in his grip.

Tiny toes peek from his blanket that covered the child, dangling in the light breeze. His head was a crazy mass of black curls, which wasn't unnormal for wizarding children. Orion was still unable to believe how tiny new humans were, how vulnerable, how awe-inspiring even after having two others already.

His looks were, of course, one of a Black, with his dark curly fuss of hair on his head and his sharp looks, one of a pureblood, of course.

Only time could tell if this child would Inherit Orion's grey eyes or Walburga's dark brown eyes. Just as Sirius Black had his grey eyes and Regulus had his mother's. He was quite curious as to what colour eyes this child would develop over time. Moreover, he was glad overall he would be able to see the child grow.

He gently caressed his cheek with a small smile, a rare smile. The child looked just like him, with little similarity to his mother.

"What will be his name" came the sharp voice of Walburga, filling the silence of the room. She sat on the bed, tired. She had given birth to another son, another heir for the house of Black, but deep down, after providing two heirs, she had hoped she would give birth to a girl. A perfect pureblood, with her hair and eyes, interested in sewing, painting and dressing up in fancy clothing. She would be dressed in the finest of robes made of the most expensive silks.

Her voice pulled Orion out of his gaze and no longer smiling, but a thoughtful look took over.

He looked towards his wife, then back towards the small figure which was now peacefully smiling.

"Polaris Rigel Black", he stated proudly.

"... North star, a strong name. He'll surely guide the House of Black in honour," Walburga said with pride. Orion didn't say anything in reply. He was just glad his son was alive and well.

Polaris was born on the 25th day of the month of March as the third child of Orion and Walburga Black. The fifth and last member of their family, Walburga, was not letting herself go through so much pain again, nor did she even plan for Polaris.

Born 4 years younger than Sirius and 3 years younger than Regulus. Regulus couldn't be happier he was able to be a big brother, while Sirius wasn't too sure of the thought of another little brother, already fed up with little Regelus following him around.

1970, 2nd April.

Polaris walked down the halls of the third floor, his right hand touching the wall as he continued forward through the endless hall filled with countless frames, each of them conjuring the emotions of his ancestors and frames holding priceless memories. He counted them, a hobby he had taken comfort in over his 6 years of life.

He was bored. The house was quiet, just like usual. His footsteps echoed around the empty hallway. Surprisingly he couldn't hear his eldest brother Sirius arguing with his mother. Something seemed to be a daily routine.

If he had to guess what each member of his family was up to, he would say Sirius was moping around in his room either because he wasn't allowed to go to a friend's house or his mother had reprimanded him for doing something stupid. His eldest brother, Sirius, was an interesting case, with him being 11.