Her dark blue dress motioned with her considering it was a flowy dress, "Hi! You both made it!"

Marco smiled at her embracing her with a hug, Celeste then hugged her right after. "Wouldn't miss it."

"It's right this way," Victoria lead them into the grand ball room inside their home, to Marco the ball room looked like the size of his whole house.

He was blown away, literally, he stared around with his jaw to the floor. "This is all yours?"

Victoria laughed, "Well sorta, would you like anything to eat? There's a few tables over there if you'd like to sit."

***

"I told you," Emerson whined again to her stubborn mother, "just let me go! I'll be with Regulus, plus it's socialization."

"I said no."

Walburga was stern on Emerson telling her they'd be spending New Years at a distant family party.

"What would it cost for you to let me go?"

Walburga rolled her eyes, it was no lie she tends to get irritated with her daughter, but if Regulus asked there could be a chance.

"Where is this party going to be at?" Walburga sat herself down on the sofa.

"Barty. You know his family don't you?" Emerson sat herself besides her hoping for a yes.

Regulus was standing outside the door simply listening to their conversation, "I'll say yes if it means Regulus will be joining you."

Emerson was so happy she went for a hug, Walburga didn't hug back, she just sat there not wanting to show any affection.
It wasn't much of a lie that Emerson was a very affectionate person, so even if her family wasn't so much family she still wanted to have some closeness with her mom.

***

"She's always been social," Marco sipped his cup of champagne. He was looking at his grand-mom socializing with practically everyone who spoke to her.

"I can see, what happened to you then?"

"My parents," Marco laughed earning a slight giggle from Victoria.

"Do you reckon Emi is coming?"

"Yeah, she always seems to find a way."

Meanwhile Emerson was pulling Regulus by the elbow to the Potters entrance. He refused to join, not wanting anything to do with this "party" he considered not to be much fun. But with her mothers conditions there was no way she'd be going on her own.

"Stop," Emerson yanked him once more. They arrived, although Regulus wasn't too happy about that, "look we made it."

"Isn't that sad?"

Emerson rolled her eyes knocking on the door. They awaited a few minutes until they heard shouting from the top.

It was Victoria with Marco. They had snuck away to her room to await for Emerson and Regulus. They didn't seem to be having all that fun at the party either.

"Do we climb down or are you two gonna climb up?" Victoria yelled, her bedroom wasn't too far from the entrance, therefore, motioning for them to climb up instead of them entering through the door.

"Absolutely," Emerson yelled back clasping her hands together on her way over to the wall.

"Not," Regulus yanked her back pushing the unlocked door open.

Victoria and Marco went downstairs to greet them, "You both made it!" Victoria brought them both in a tight hug. Red blossomed on Regulus's face, Marco bit his finger to stop laughing. He was also very thankful she didn't invite Luke or he would've ruined this tiny moment.

"Yup! Barty is covering for us," Emerson shrugged eyes admiring the interior of the house. It was no question that the Potter's home is much bigger than the Black residence. Her eyes gazed at the family portraits with pure admiration, yes a tad bit of jealousy knowing her family portraits were and will never be as pure as theirs. Nevertheless, she smiled, happy, at least her best friend could have something she'll never receive.

Regulus nodded along to what Emerson said following behind her, "Would you all like to eat?"

Fast forward to Regulus seated on the chairs, far from the rest of the crowd. He sat and watched his sister engulf pieces of chocolate pastries that were displayed for everyone. It seemed as if the treats never ran out, there were so many.

Marco handed Emerson a plate, which she took, therefore stacking, even more, treats onto it. Carter smiled when he saw how the chocolate made stains all over her mouth. He began making his way over to the table at the far end where Regulus was seated. It was not much of a secret that they didn't talk much, but for the most part, they could hold a small conversation.

"Uh here I got you some chocolates," Marco handed the small plate of sweets over to Regulus who shyly smiled thanking him, "Em said they were your favorite."

Regulus's smiled deepen, happy he was knowing his sister actually remembered even a slight detail about him.

"Here," Sirius opened his hands to reveal two pieces of chocolate for both of his siblings.
Their parents were arguing, but Sirius always took it upon himself to take care of the younger ones. Chocolate seemed to do it.

Regulus took the chocolate splitting into two one for him, and Sirius, so Emerson would get the full piece.

He moved it towards Sirius but Sirius pushed it back, "No you eat it, I'm full."

Regulus ate it without a second thought while Emerson was basically done with hers. Their smile was sweet enough for Sirius.

The loud thump on the table made Regulus snap his head up, "Bunch of rich bitches."

"Em-,"

"No listen Reg, I was getting my third piece of cake and this old shaggy looking goblin looked at me," Emerson slumped in her seat crossing her arms.

"Did he say something to you?" They both asked.

"No but their ugly face said it all," although she was mad she still ate her food with pride, she could care less.

Victoria greeted the guests as they swayed in, her friends sitting amongst each other listening to the soft music play. She finally decided to ditch the party with them, taking them outside to their private garden. It was a special place for her and James since they would always play there as kids, constantly scaring their dad as they hid in the bushes.
They all laughed and felt warmth with one another, it had been the best feeling all year. That was until a certain day fell upon them.