Chapter 2

Levi pov:

Ever since I lost my daughter, I lost my whole world.

I kept telling y/n to quit her job, but her career is more important than our family.

I already warned her about Zeke's crimes and what he can do, but she wouldn't listen.

And now we're here taking all the consequences and losing our daughter is one of them.

Days passed by and I'm starting to fall out of love, it's her fault. I can't no longer feel the need to be here beside her.

"Dr. Ackerman your mom is outside the waiting lounge, should I let her in?" the nurse asked.

I sighed and rubbed my temples, I've been working all day.

"Sure let her in" she nodded and closed the door.

"Levi, I have some porridge I thought you'll want some" I nodded and motion her to sit down.

"You look so slim does y/n still take of you?" I closed my eyes irritated because of her question

"Can we not talk about her" she shook her head.

"Levi if you don't love her anymore then leave, Kenny will help you with the divorce".

Come to think of it, maybe we should let each other go.

Being together is already really painful for the both of us.

"I'll think about it" my mom gave me a huge smile and rubbed my head.

"I'm sure you're tired and hurt because of what happened".

After eating my mom packed her things and went home.

I checked my watch and saw the time, it's already 2 am.

I sighed and fixed my things.

As soon as I went out, I got called out by the nurses

"Dr. Ackerman we need you in the emergency room, we have a 24 year old patient" I sighed and stoped fixing my things.

I quickly went down to the emergency room and found a ginger head lady laying in the hospital bed her head is bleeding.

Seeing her like this reminds me of my daughter. Panic started is rushing in my veins.

I checked her vitals, her eyes and wounds.

"Have you cleaned her wound" the nurses nodded.

"Let's run head CT on her so we can make sure that there is no bleeding" I told the lady she shook her head and cried.

"Ma'am you have to stay here. You have a wound in your head, we need to observe you, you can go home tomorrow morning we just have to observe you".

"Please, I don't want to stay" I walk beside her to check her eyes in case she is seizuring.

She lightly opened her eyes, as soon as she saw me and immediately hugged me.

"Miss are you okay?" I asked and she started sobbing.

"Let's get her a room" I told the nurses.

She let go of the hug and looked at me.

"Thank you" she mumbled as the nurses started to take her to her room.

Closing my eyes tightly I can feel the heavyweight in my chest. I removed the glove and washed my hands thoroughly before going back to my office so I can go to my house. I can't even call it my home anymore.

I started to drove home after that one patient.

I took a deep breath before entering our gate.

There I saw sky's little play ground infront of our house.

It's so painful thinking that her father is a doctor, but I couldn't save her.

As I entered our house I saw y/n patiently waiting in the dining room.

Candles were all melted, foods were all cold.

She stared at me and smiled sadly.

"I-l know you already ate, but I just took the this chance. But I guess you're not gonna eat" she stood up and started cleaning the food she prepared.

I shook my head and went to my office. This has been my new room ever since sky died. I can't see myself sleeping beside y/n.

I didn't ask her to cook, but I feel bad that she wasted her time waiting for me.