III

Belle couldn't keep the delight off her face for the rest of dinner. She couldn't get rid of the childish grin off her face, nor did she want to. It was as if she was a simple, love-struck teenager again.

She looked over at Bucky, who was already staring at her in wonder.

"What?" She asked.

"Marry me." He said softly.

"You do realize that I've already said yes, right?"

"No, I mean soon. Like, I don't know, tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" She asked, startled. "Don't you think that this is a bit rushed?"

"This is the least rushed wedding I've ever experienced." He huffed. "I asked you to marry me back in what, nineteen forty-four? Then when we escaped, you never said you didn't want to not be engaged, so by that means, we still were. Now we're actually getting married this time, and you're saying this is rushed?"

Belle crossed her arms. "That's not what I meant."

"Then what did you mean? Did you not want to get married, then?"

"What? No! Of course I want to get married! These things take time to plan! We can't just throw something together in a matter of hours."

"Why not? It's not like we have much family to invite. How many people would be there? Less than ten? Come on, Belle, you're thinking too far into this. We don't have a family to invite, we don't have people to plan for. We can do whatever we want."

Belle scowled, then sighed. "What are we supposed to do then? Pick a random day and time and tell whoever we want to be there, where to be and when? Is that what we're supposed to do?"

"Pretty much." Bucky shrugged.

There was a few seconds of silence, then Belle sighed. "Alright. I guess we don't have many other options, do we?"

"Not really." A faint smile appeared on his face. "So we're getting married, then?"

"Yeah." She spoke softly. "We're getting married."

Two days.

Almost exactly two days later, Belle stood in front of a mirror with Autumn at her side and Shuri behind her. Belle's dress was simple, but not too simple. The straps rested comfortably on her shoulders and there was a slight 'v' shape, revealing just a slight bit of her chest, but nothing too extreme. The dress itself hung down just past her knees, and two gold bands of fabric hugged her waist.

To go with it, she had plain white sandals. 

Autumn's dress was nearly identical, but instead of wearing white, she wore a green dress. The green matched the green used on Bucky and Belle's old uniforms when they were in the army. 

The color suited Autumn, it really did.

Belle silently began to start braiding Autumn's hair, just like how her mother used to do for her before she went out for the night.

Shuri spoke something softly, saying something along the lines of that she'd be right back, and Belle only hummed in acknowledgement. The princess left the room, leaving Belle and her daughter alone.

Everything was silent for a few minutes. Belle took a ponytail from her wrist and wrapped it around the end of Autumn's hair. Autumn looked in the mirror and smiled slightly.

"Thank you." She said softly.

"You look lovely." Belle gently kissed the top of her daughter's head.

"Are you going to do anything with your hair?"