XX

Blood stained the snow. It pooled around the woman's head. The chances of her living through the explosion and fire were slim, but if there was any hope of her being alive, they'd take it.

An agent, surveying the damage, picked her up. She was limp in his arms. He grabbed something silver he found in the snow next to her.

A set of army dog tags. She wouldn't be needing those anymore.

Henry Johnson

He pocketed them, knowing it would be best to get rid of them before the woman woke up. Hopefully, she wouldn't be awake anytime soon. 

It would save her a lot of pain.

Bright light shone into her eyelids. She tried forcing out a groan of pain, but no sound came from her mouth. She struggled to open her eyes, wincing when  she found the lights were aimed directly at her.

She turned her head away, squinting her eyes. She eventually closed them, then heard a set of footsteps.

"Good afternoon, Colonel Dixon. We're pleased to see you awake at such an early stage in your recovery."

Belle tried reaching up to shield her eyes from the light, but she found her hands were restrained. The more she came to her senses, the more she noticed her legs were restrained as well. 

Panic formed in her chest. She inhaled sharply, desperately trying to break free from her restraints. She was able to force out a strangled cry, only to feel a pulse of electricity surge through her veins.

She fell limp, gasping in pain.

"You'll feel more pain if you try to resist." 

Something pricked the side of her neck. She inhaled sharply, tears filling her eyes. She tried fighting it, she tried so hard to stay awake. Eventually, the drowsiness was too much for her. A single tear trickled down her cheek before her eyes fluttered closed.

Her head hung forward. She blinked open her eyes, groaning in pain. Her neck ached. She tried reaching up to rub it, but her arms were once again restrained. Instead of being strapped onto a bed, she was strapped to a chair this time.

"I do hope you're well-rested, Colonel."

She lifted her head. The man in front of her was short and pudgy, with a round face and a thick accent. 

"Who are you?" She rasped. "What do you want with me?"

"We don't want anything with you, we just want you. It's much to difficult for you to understand. But don't worry. You'll soon forget, so it won't matter much to you anyway. You'll just do as you're told."

He grabbed her chin, forcing her to look up. She grit her teeth, hissing in anger. She wasn't a fan of being touched by random men. 

Bucky wouldn't like that.

She tore herself away from the man's hold, throwing insults at him. 

Bucky. Her Bucky. If he was here....oh god.

"Where's Bucky?! He's not here, is he?! You won't get to him! He won't let you! He'll come after me!" She thrashed in her chair, throwing more insults and curse words around.

"I'm afraid that's where you're terribly wrong, Colonel." He shook his head. "I'm terribly sorry to break it to you, but I don't think he'll be coming after you anytime soon."

"You're lying." She hissed.

"I'm afraid not." He grabbed her head and forced her to watch out the window into the hallway.