XX

"You've been avoiding me." He quipped. 

She rolled her eyes. "Don't you ever shut the fuck up? I have no problem making you stop talking."

Winter chuckled. "Yeah, right. Come on, we have places to be and things to do."

"I'm not taking orders from you." She climbed into the helicopter and into the pilot's seat. Winter yanked her back.

"You're sitting in the other seat."

She hopped back to her feet and went back to what she was doing. She was flying that helicopter whether he wanted her to or not.

He grabbed her leg and pulled her backwards. She kicked at him, landing a kick directly on his nose. He swore at her and stopped for a second, holding his nose. She used that second to climb into the pilot's seat.

Seeing this wasn't a fight he could win, he followed her into the chopper. She was quick to make sure they took off without anyone stopping them.

Something stopped them. She cursed, looking out the window.

The blonde was trying to stop them. She tried forcing the chopper to go faster and try to shake the blonde off. When she was certain it wasn't going to work, she crashed the chopper into the landing pad, almost taking out the man in the process.

Winter broke the glass and reached through to grab him. Using their fight to her advantage, she hopped out and stood on the edge of the building, preparing to jump if needed. 

When they whole helicopter threatened to fall off the building, she turned and jumped, trying to get away from the rubble. 

She managed to avoid most of everything. 

She lost sight of Winter long ago. He'd be fine on his own, she knew, but that didn't stop her from being curious. If something happened to him, she was as good as dead.

She swam to the edge of the water, trying to find a way to get out. There was a loud splash nearby. Something caught on her leg, pulling her down under the water.

Despite her best efforts to try and fight whatever she was caught on, she couldn't get free. The surface got farther and farther away. She couldn't breathe. Water filled her lungs.

It was almost as if this happened before.

The surface got far enough away to where she couldn't see the light anymore. Everything went dark as her eyes closed.

His head hurt. In fact, everything hurt.

Bucky lifted his head. Steve stood a few feet in front of him.

"Steve." He sighed.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" Steve asked.

"Your mom's name was Sarah. You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." He forced out a chuckle.

"Can't read that in a museum."

"Just like that, we're supposed to be cool?"

Bucky sighed. "What did I do?"

"Enough." Steve said firmly.

He glanced around for a few seconds, looking for Belle. She wasn't anywhere to be seen. "Where's Belle?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? You haven't seen her?"

"She jumped before we crashed. I haven't seen her since. I didn't see her resurface, but I didn't have enough time to pay attention."