XVII

A/N: W H Y  I S  I T  S P I C Y ?

This is a long boi. Be prepared.

He stared at her. He wanted to say something, she knew it, but he just wasn't able to speak. There was a few seconds of silence.

"What did you just say?" He asked slowly.

"Your name is Bucky Barnes and I'm in love with you." She said shakily. "I've been in love with you for a while. I don't know when I realized but I'm too much of a wimp to say it back when you say it to me so here I am, rambling on and on like an idiot."

"You love me."

Not a question. A statement.

She nodded. "I love you."

His face changed. A grin formed on his face and his eyes sparkled like a child's. She seen a flash of true happiness. In that moment, he was truly happy. He picked her up and spun her around. "You love me!"

She squealed and clung to him. "Bucky! Don't drop me!"

"I'm not going to!" He grinned. "You love me!"

She nodded.

The look on his face said everything. Sure, she'd seen him smile before, but never like this. He was beaming. He was happy. Overjoyed. Ecstatic. His blue eyes sparkled as he beamed. Beamed in such a way she'd never seen before. She wasn't sure if she'd ever see this again. 

She'd treasure this moment while it lasted.

He set her down and grabbed the sides of her face before he kissed her. She stumbled and held onto him, steadying herself. 

It was hot. Fierce. Intimate. 

He held a tight grip on her face as he kissed her. She clung to him, wrapping her legs around him as he held her close to his body. He pressed her against the counter and held her face in his hands.

"I love you." He whispered. "I love you, Belle."

"I love you too." She said shakily. "I love you too, Bucky."

"Say it again." He breathed. "Say my name and tell me you love me."

"I love you." Her voice shook. "Your name is Bucky Barnes and you're my fiancé and I love you."

He beamed. "You love me. I'll never get tired of hearing you say that."

"I love you."

He picked her up and twirled her again. "You love me!"

Belle nodded. "I love you."

He kissed her again.

How she wished they could live in this moment forever. In this moment, they were almost normal. Almost happy, their pasts forgotten. They could've been teenagers again. Teenagers in love, at peace with their surroundings.

It didn't matter that they were nearly a hundred years old, or that they were probably the most wanted pair by every government. They were happy in this moment, and she wished they could live in it forever.

Belle lay on her side, her back pressed into Bucky's chest.

"Sit still." He whispered.

"I'm trying but I can't get comfortable! You're taking up nearly all of the bed!" She huffed, shifting around on the small mattress.

"I am not!"