𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 , dark moon

Start from the beginning

Kinsey had asked him why he was so worried. If this was all just a dream, why was he so worried about it? She hadn't known at that point that she was experiencing exactly that; a dream. Derek had taken a while to answer her question, but when he had finally looked up at her, he told her that he wasn't so sure it was a dream at all. 

By the time Kinsey had finished telling Malia about her strange dream within a dream, not only was the werewolf significantly freaked out, but the two of them were standing at the foot of the loft, staring straight into it. The loft door had been left wide open, she knew that wasn't Derek's doing, he wasn't so careless, hell, he had an entire alarm system installed, he wasn't going to do something as stupid as leave his door wide open for anyone to wander in. 

Malia followed wearily behind the huntress as they stepped into the loft, Malia looked around, smelling around her, all she could smell was blood, that wasn't hard, the floor was drenched in it along with the walls. Whoever had ambushed the loft wasn't one for discretion. Bullet shells lay on the floor, more than either of the girls could count as their boots kicked them around, Kinsey knelt down, picking one of them up, twisting the golden bullet around in between her fingers, as she did, she saw the engraving inside of it. 

"What does that mean?" Malia asked, kneeling down beside the huntress.

"It means we need to call Scott." 

They had done exactly that, but the wolf hadn't answered, no matter how many times they had called, or which one of them had done the calling, neither answered. They tried the rest of their pack- Lydia, Stiles, Kira. Kira was the only person who answered, but she had been asleep, she'd known nothing about why nobody else was picking up, she suspected it had something to do with the fact it was the middle of the night, but she could have been wrong, she knew as well as anybody else that the McCall Pack had a habit of wandering around in the middle of the night. It was easily the most annoying thing about being in a group of people who didn't sleep. 

"You spent a lot of time with Stiles in Eichen House, right?" Kinsey asked, turning to Malia who'd nodded. "Do you think you've got a catch of his scent?"

Malia nodded confidently. "Oh, yeah. Definitely. It's so..."

"Pungent?" Kinsey presumed, the werecoyote humming in agreement. "Yeah, I've heard."

Scott, Stiles, and Lydia all surrounded a surgical table in the animal clinic. Scott had called them here in the early hours of the morning, telling them that it was urgent, but not to involve Kinsey, if his suspicions were right, the news would worry her, and after the month she'd had she didn't need to be kept worrying about another cousin. They'd all agreed that until they knew for sure, Kinsey would be kept in the dark. As would Kira, for now, the only people who had to worry were the three of them. 

Lydia had checked in on her new housemate before she'd left, Kinsey was curled up beneath the covers, sleeping soundly, she didn't think to suspect anything. She had forgotten that her friend didn't know the meaning of peaceful sleeping. If she had remembered, if she had checked, Lydia would have found a mound of Kinsey's pillows shaped into a human figurine to convince her of exactly that- that she was asleep. Not that she had snuck out of her bedroom window to recruit a werecoyote in helping her figure out whether her dream was real or not. 

None of them were particularly comfortable with keeping this away from Kinsey, especially not Stiles, the boy dating her, the one who wasn't supposed to keep secrets from her, yet he'd found himself adding yet another to the list, Lydia and Scott didn't want to do it either. But Kinsey had been doing so well, the first few weeks after Allison's passing had been hell for her, knowing that her healing process couldn't begin until the funeral, which had some unfortunate timing. Not to mention Isaac had failed to show, making her feel even worse about their situation. But since it had passed, even if had only been just over a week, they had already seen a change in her, she'd been happier, calmer, she was healing, slowly but surely. They couldn't take that from her.