"You sloppy as hell with yo hoes. Ain't no way sum bitch should have access to your phone. You need to do better." I mug him.

"Hell is you talm bout?" He looks at me crazy.

A lump forms in my throat as I go to my messages.

I click on our conversation and play the voice message for him.

"Oh shit D!" A girl screams out.

"Shut up." D says and her screams muffle as if her face is against a pillow.

*Slap*

*Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap*

"I'm boutta cummm." The girl moans again.

*Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap*

"Damn." D huffs.

"Where you going?" She asks.

"Mind yo fucking business." He says harshly.

"Ion trust yo weird ass." His voice fades away.

*Toilet flushes*

"Where my phone at?" He asks.

*End of recording*

"The fuck? That ain't in my phone." His face has a confused expression.

"She deleted it dumbass." I stuff my phone back in my purse.

"Listen-"

"And yo dirty ass fucked me right before you messed with her. And tried to come back to me when you finished. The fucking nerve." I scrunch my face up.

"Merc-"

"No, I'm good as fuck at ignoring you fucking other bitches but I'm sick of this shit. I hate constantly being reminded that I'm nun special to you. And I told you never to have sex with me after another woman and I meant that. You're dirty as fuck fa dat." I vent.

"I-"

"Nah, ion wanna hear nun. If you really cared about my feelings this typa shit wouldn't happen, you wouldn't give these females the opportunity to ever confront me. And if you loved me, you wouldn't be fucking with these bitches at all!" I pound my hands against the steering wheel.

"I-"

"DON'T FUCKING TALK TO ME!" I yell in his face.

"You-"

"Just go, you've done enough!" I bounce my knee up and down, losing my patience.

"But-"

"Don't ever call to me again cuz its going straight to voicemail." I say.

"Imma give you a chance to cool off." He moves his foot and I slam my door shut.

'run him over' a little voice in my head says.

He shakes his head walking back to his car as I speed off, ignoring the voice.

Moonshine calls so I swipe accept and connect it to my car.

"Hey." I answer dryly.

"... what's wrong?" She asks.

"Nun." I shrug.

"You sureee?" She double checks.

"Yes, I'm sure Moon." I say in a slighter happier tone.

"Mkay, but guess what?" She says in a cheerfully.

"Ion know, what?"

"He asked me to be his girlfriend." She shares.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so happy for you girl." I say semi-honestly.

I'm not jealous but I can't fully be happy for her when I'm miserable. I'm glad she's happy but right now I'm not in the right headspace to completely support her.

"Thank you best." She laughs.

Her vibe cheers me up a little bit.

"Now tell me what's wrong." She says causing my eyes to widen.

"I'm not.." I start to lie.

"Let's skip this little back and forth so you can tell me what happened. You sound off."

"I'm done with D for good." I sigh.

"Oh?" She pretends to believe me.

"Noooo, I'm serious this time!" I plead.

"Y'all always find a way back together... which isn't very healthy but y'all always do."

"This time's different." I pull into a parking space.

"What happened this time?" She asks.

"I'm finna send you what some bitch sent me through his phone. Call me back when you finish it." I hang up to send it.

After I go to my apartment and lay down she FaceTimes me.

"..." She stares into the camera with no words.

"Yea." I roll my eyes.

"I'm so sorry girl you did not deserve that." She pouts.

"It's whatever. I knew what I agreed with, he never wanted a relationship, I should've protected my heart better." I shrug.

"It's not your fault you fell in love with a nigga that don't see your value." She explains.

"I'm sorry, I feel guilty for ruining your day. You were so happy about Lemonte asking you out and I had to bring up what I'm going through." I shake my head.

"You apologize too much. You're my best friend and if you're going through something, good or bad I wanna hear about it to support n help you." She frowns.

"I don't deserve you."

"Yes you do. But he don't deserve you." She says.

"He let somebody who really loved him walk away and that's his fault." She continues.

"Yea you right but-"

"Nah ain't no buts. I remember pre-dequavince you used to pimp niggas forreal. Member that? You used to be a City Girl, what happened?" She shakes her head at me in pure disappointment.

"I fell in love." I shrug.

"I'm finna hire a hitman on this nigga so you can get yourself together."

Uh I am together