Shaun laughed out of nowhere "Seriously? Who would want to hear their name called on stage, ladies and gentlemen, Shaun Parker? That's hilarious." He crackled.

Jess chortled seeing his point. "They have not changed my name though, is that necessary?" she asked curiously.

"Not really, your name is already catchy, so I guess that's why they keep it, but your label will probably pitch that in for marketing strategy if they want to rebrand you." He responded.

"Do you like where you are now with all of the fame and glory?" she asked as she halted and sat on the bench facing the ocean. Shaun paused too and sat beside her. This is the first time that Jess is getting real with her thoughts on Shaun's career. She had always been intimidated by him before, too afraid to be on his bad side, if she thought about it hard, it was her fault because she tolerated it.

Shaun bit his lips. Jess was not sure if he was calculating his thoughts, but she waited...

"I guess, I wanted this badly because I have much to prove to my parents my worth. I needed to be successful because of my pride. But... it grew on me. Music has always been my Narnia, a haven for me. You know that, so I guess that's why I am pursuing it badly" he openly shared.

Jess nodded as she listened to his words. She understood Shaun in a way, why he had to do all those things to get to where he was now, hurting her was just collateral damage.

She sighed. "I genuinely hope you will find that happiness... that success you are looking for. I guess this time I can now start to forgive you" she uttered.

Shaun watched her expression very intently. "Why do I feel you are saying goodbye for good?" He asked.

She shrugged her shoulders but did not utter the words as both stared at the blue horizon. Jess realized a different purpose for herself.

"Jessie", a familiar strange voice called her name that made her skin tingle. She readily got up to her feet as she could feel the cold sweat start to form, she then clasped her hands tightly. When was the last time she uttered her name? She can't remember anymore. It was a long time ago.

Jess was there frozen in her steps as her eyes locked on the same chestnut hair. She realized she had grown older, she always looked cold and full of tenacity when she was younger but for some reason, she appeared fragile this time around. The sides of her face showed signs of wrinkles and her tired eyes were evident as she forced a smile registering her lips.

"Mom" she whispered.

"How are you?" She answered.

Jess felt a hot flush on her neck and face as the words sank in. She suddenly felt Shaun's hand behind her back as he tried to soothe her current state.

"Mrs. Lynn" Shaun uttered.

Jess's mother directed her eyes to Shaun and smiled. "You have grown so much Shaun" she commented. He was standing tall behind Jess as he tried to support the young Lynn from breaking down.

Shaun shyly nodded but dared ask. "How did you know where Jess is"

"Well, I do keep my tabs on her" she simply answered. She walked closer to Jess and paused at arm's length. "Can I talk to you quickly?" she softly asked.

Suddenly Jess felt that breathing was difficult. She closed her eyes tightly trying to calm her nerves. She nodded and looked at Shaun, telling him to give them space to catch up.

Shaun nodded, "I will be in the lobby..." he whispered to Jess and nodded to the older Lynn then started to walk away.

She stared at her mother again and gestured to sit on the bench.