Expectations are too high

Right now, you're telling Senku a story about you two, so this is happening before petrification thingy.

------------

In the process of thinking, you circled around your room. "Why do male characters have to be so difficult to write? Everything I come up with sounds so unnatural... What if his perfection was the weird thing?" You thought aloud.

That's exactly how you created your new book. You were proud of that because the revolutions and new reforms in the world can be called your aesthetic. The character lives in a world full of stereotypes, and you got inspiration mainly from cliché stories. The key was to let the character fight the perfection of his life. Eventually, he will no longer enjoy it and will make a small revolution against the world system so that the one who is born can choose which character to play in his life story.

You were satisfied and ready to subject your newly created draft to criticism of your loved ones. Let's say sometimes they're too ... Honest? You picked up your yellow notebook and ran down the stairs. If you timed it right, both parents would be in the kitchen. Full of expectations, you walked down the stairs, walked around the corner, and saw them sitting there. (Father's name) aka your father with computer and paper. His wine business thrived, but he still had a look on his face as if he didn't like his business and needed to do something about it. Your mother, on the other hand, was a woman who enjoyed life, tried new things, and her energy still helped her in school with children. „Have a moment for your favourite daughter?"

„Expectations are too high," your father said after a while. „And you'll never find a guy like that 'who's driving you mad', honey," he criticised as he ran his eyes over the paper in the notebook in front of him again.

On the way back from the chemistry lab to class, you told your friend your idea.
„Get your head out of the sky," Nyoko said, her criticism. "I knew I should have asked someone else," you told her as you closed your yellow chemistry notebook, which you used to learn from the front, but the back pages were full of stories. Nyoko's your closest friend here, in Japan. She helps you with language and stuff. Her small green eyes are full of innocence, and her tongue, hiding behind her teeth, which are rarely shown while smiling, is proving it. She's an introverted, but determined to change it, soul. With her pretty average, but still good fashion sense.

Nyoko has a desk right next door, so you sometimes had to avoid the people who entered the classroom. "Just kidding! But your standards of 'perfection' are ... more focused on the inner side of a man. Isn't that a little unrealistic?" said the amused girl, who understood your broken Japanese. "But why?" You tucked your notebook under your armpit to keep your hands free. "There are different kinds of perfection, and my picture of a perfect guy is 'unrealistic,'" you said as you moved back to fit Nyoko's silhouette into the camera frame you had created with your fingers.

"I'm sorry," you said quickly, but in English, once you realized that you had stumbled upon a boy who didn't even look at you, just knelt down and picked up his yellow notebook, because his and yours had fallen to the ground in the process. „You good, Senku?" Taiju asked fearfully. "Yes, of course I'm fine. It's not like I have broken bones or open wounds now, you big oaf, " he replied as he stood up. „What were you doing, (y/n)?" Taiju asked in English. You laughed when you stood up once you picked up your notebook. The Japanese accent sounds so strange in English. "I explained to Nyoko my new book," you smiled.

"I bet it'll be another masterpiece!" shouted Taiju as you both walked toward your desks. Taiju sits behind you, who's in the fourth row from behind. Senku is sitting next to your row, behind the desk that is next to Taiju in the second row from behind.

"The circulatory system of the earthworm is closed. That means- " You tried to understand the biology teacher. It wasn't hard because from the way she showed the pictures in the presentation, you at least understood better. "(Y/n)...?" you recognized Taiju's voice. You looked at the teacher and made sure she wouldn't see you now that you had turned around to Taiju. "Yes?" you asked. "Senku needs to know if the word 'lately' is only used in the present perfect tense...? I think he said something like that ," Taiju whispered. You looked at Senku and saw him typing something on his cellphone. "Well, yes, but only in the present perfect continuous tense. Not in simple," you replied with a hint of happiness. He asked you. Ishigami Senku asked you. With a smile, you turned back forward.

You were happy because ... Senku asked you for help. You were better at something than he was, and the fact he knows is the best feeling of winning. You could remind him of that a little after school, right?

"Hi Senku. Where are you headed?" you asked with an innocent smile. Senku checked his cellphone for the last time and put it in his pocket. "I need to check something in the lab. What do you need? You certainly didn't just come for a pointless conversation," he said bluntly. "Of course," you muttered. "Why did you need help with English while we had biology?" As you asked, you watched his reaction to the word 'help', but saw nothing like that. You probably didn't look right. "Because you know English better than I do. I just don't understa-... What are you trying to prove?" Senku quickly corrected himself in the middle of the sentence. You're both standing in front of the lab door now. Didn't he just use my strategy to create confusion on my side by admitting that it was something normal that he didn't know English at a level like mine? "I'm not trying to prove anything, I just normally asked. You're the one who immediately started suspecting me," you defended yourself. It wasn't supposed to turn out this way. Please save me. You started regretting the whole situation you had created.

"I guess I was wrong about you," Senku said after a moment of intense silence. Your eyes looked at him in obvious surprise. Was this conversation good for something? Did the conceited idiot really admit a mistake?-
"In the end, you only came for pointless conversation," he said, turning his gaze away to the door so he wouldn't have to look at your slowly changing shock to anger. "It's not like you helped to make sure it wasn't *pointless*," you said, looking away from him as well. You both sighed. Senku opened the lab door and stepped away. You looked at him confused as he motioned for you to come in.

You sat on the floor with a paper that was on your yellow notebook to write things that randomly occurred to you. "Senku?" some club member suddenly asked. Senku didn't look at him, just replied: "If it's about that weird book, then no."
"(Y/n)?" The boy with a book turned to you, along with the others. "What's that book about?" you asked. "It's pretty interesting. It was written by a mentalist... Asagiri Gen," boy read the author. "There are various interesting questions in it that, if you answer, you will get a psychological result or something," the boy next to him explained. "Okay, we can try," you smiled and placed your pen on the floor next to you.

"One last question," said the boy with a book. Finally. They have chosen a specific chapter just for you: 'Who is your type'. "Romantic love or keep it rough?" the boy read. Everyone looked at your not very shocked face. Most of the questions looked like this. But something you didn't know was that Senku was looking straight at your face now. You rolled your eyes. "That's stupid. There can't be only two options because there are only a few, if any, guys full of romance. Keep it rough? If that were the case, the whole stability of the relationship would fall apart because everything would go too fast. Of course. That's just my opinion." you said. Now everyone was looking at you in shock. Senku rather thought about it because what you said made sense, but why you perceived it that way didn't. "There's also option C - 'nothing,'" said the boy, who was sitting on the opened window to see the book through the others. "I choose that option," you replied confidently. "And the result is: Expectations are too high and you'll never find a guy like that," a boy with a book reads your result. Why has everyone been saying this lately?! You asked yourself.

"And it's just a waste of time. Put your head out of the sky," Senku added monotonously. But that was enough. "But why?" You directed your question on Senku, who didn't look at you and just kept working. You wanted to ask this question everyone who had a similar comment to Senku's, but it seems that you will not get an answer any time soon.