Part 20

He hit me again and I fell again, I grabbed my stomach and held back the pain. We walked over to where I was and started bending down, but then was tackle to the ground. I looked up, I am pretty sure I was seeing things. It was Josh. He got up off Tyler and held his side. He walked over to me and bent down, “You honestly thought I would let you leave to protect me,” He smiled a little. I held my stomach, “You could hear me?” I asked softly. He nodded, “I was asleep not dead Morgan,” He said holding out his hand for me. I noticed his side was bleeding again, “Josh, your side,” I said, I pushed his hand away and sat up but leaned on the wall sitting. “Don't worry about it, I have stitches in i---” He way cut off by Tyler tackling him this time. The two of them rolled around, each one trying to stay in control but I knew Tyler would win, I mean Josh was hurt he didn't stand a chance.

I managed to get up, in a lot of damn pain but up. I found strength to Jump on Tyler's back and get him away from Josh. He backed up to the wall but I held on, “Bitch get off me,” He yelled pulling me over his shoulder and slammed me on the ground on my back. He pulled out his knife but Josh tackled him again, but they didn't go far. They were fighting each other hard. I rolled on my stomach in pain, the knife was only five feet from me. I was pretty sure I broke my ankle, so I started dragging myself toward it, I got about a foot away when Tyler grabbed my ankle and pulled me back. Josh was pulling him but Tyler had a death grip on my hurt ankle. I screamed in pain, then kicked him with my other foot and he let go. I started toward the knife again. Tyler punched Josh off him and he jumped on me, I had the knife but then dropped it. We were rolling around, I was trying to get him off.

I screamed when I felt something stab my arm, but in one swift motion Tyler screamed as well. It was silent for a moment. Then Josh pulled Tyler off me and pinned him to the ground. Blood was all over, I looked over to what got my arm, it wasn't the knife it was a broken bottle that cut me, then I looked at the knife in my hand with blood on it, then Josh pulled me into a hug. I looked over at Tyler, he was holding his side, I got him. I dropped the knife and hugged Josh back. “You really need to stop attracting trouble,” he smiled kissing my head.

Not long after the cops showed up and we told them everything that happened since the bet, I even told them about the night I don't remember. Turns out Tyler won't be seen again for a long time, he has fifteen years in jail to look forward to. The medics quickly took us inside and split us up, even though I refused to let go of him, they forced me to though. Later I was laying in a bed, Zac ran in freaking out, “God Morgan,” He hugged me and I held back a scream. “Oh sorry,” he said pulling away. I sat up slowly, “Trying to kill me,” I joked. “That isn't even funny,” he said. Then the door opened again, I was shocked. “Morgan,” My dad's voice called, he walked over and I hugged him like there was no tomorrow, “What are you doing home?” I asked laying back. “I got a call from the hospital and came right away, my boss was mad but you are my little girl I don't care if I lose that job, I don't want to lose you,” he kissed my head.

Everything was perfect right now, well not everything, I was still not by Josh but other than that it was all good. My dad and Brother were talking, I was totally checked out in day dreams, then the door opening snapped me out of it again. In walks Liz, all dressed up, “Why is she here?” I yelled sitting up. Zac looked at me weird, “Well you are her dau--” I cut Zac off, “She is no where near being close to my mother,” I shouted. My dad got up, “Morgan, Liz loves you,” he said standing by her. I laughed as a joke, “Yeah sure she does,” I crossed my arms, “I want to see Josh now,” I demanded. Zac spoke up, “You can't the nurse said.” I looked at him, “I need to see him now,” I said, and I knew Zac understood I was upset, he nodded and left the room, my dad and Liz left to.

I waited a while and the door opened, I looked, Josh slowly walked in, he was in jeans and shirtless still wrapped up. He was going to be released soon. He walked over and laid by me, he intertwined our fingers, “What's wrong babe,” he said pulling me to his chest. I softly laid my hand on his chest, “I don't know what to do, Liz is here. I can't keep lying to my dad about her Josh. But I don't want him to be hurt, he loves her.” I looked up at him. He kissed my nose, “Morgan, your dad my love her, but he will put you first trust me, if he knows she has been hurting you, he will take your side no matter what, and he will forget about her like she was nothing. You can't lie to him anymore, you have to tell him,” He whispers in my ear. I look up and nod, “Please stay with me, I can't do it alone, I need you here with me,” I asked him. He smiled and nodded, “I will always be here,” He said I smiled and relaxed.

After awhile Zac, Liz, and My dad came back in. I sat up, Josh was still holding my hands. I took a deep breath, “dad, I have to tell you something,” I said softly. Josh squeezed my hand, I looked at him and smiled a little then looked back at my dad. “What it is it baby,” he said. I looked at Liz, she gave me a glare, I felt my confidence leave my body and I tightened my grip on Josh's hand. He whispered in my ear, “You can do this Morgan.” I took another breath and looked at my dad, “You can't stay with Liz,” I finally got out. The room went silent and everyone looked at me, Liz was about to kill me I could tell, she was pissed. “Morgan, that is a little harsh,” Zac said defending her. The Liz spoke up, “Morgan, I am sorry you feel that way, I know I could never replace your mom, but I love you I really do,” She said calmly. I felt my muscles tense, ignored the pain in my stomach, “Love me.... You are such a fucking liar,” I yelled. My dad snapped me a look, “Morgan Marie Carter, That is enough. What has gotten into you,” He yelled at me.

Him yelling scared me, he has never raised his voice at me, but I was so upset right now I didn't care, “Don't take her side, do you have any idea what I have been through the last two years with her.... Wait I forgot you are never home so how would you even know,” I yelled back. Zac decided to step in, “Dad, how about letting her explain before we all rip each other apart,” he yelled trying to keep us all calm. I figured he didn't want me to get all worked up since I was the one in the hospital. I let go of Josh's hand and crossed my arms. “Morgan, I think it is the pain medicine talking,” Liz blurted out. I looked at her in shock, “I'm not even on pain Medicine.... And don't talk to me like you freaking care about me you crazy Bitch,” alright maybe that was a little far before actually breaking the news to my dad. “MORGAN!” My dad yelled making me jump. Josh finally said something, “Hey don't yell at her... Shut up and listen to what your daughter has to say about your home wrecker of a wife,” He snapped.

We all looked at him in shock, even me. Then I looked at my dad, “Do you know what she did when you were gone?” I asked him calmly. He looked at me without talking. I was about to break down, “She freaking hit me dad, alright she got wasted every night, hooked up with who knows how many guys, then she would take it out on me,” I said all in one breath. I covered my face with my hands and Josh pulled me to his chest. It was quit for a moment, then Zac broke the silence, “You hit my sister?” He shouted in anger. My dad pushed him back when he walked toward Liz, “Zac calm down,” he said. “Calm down, she hit Morgan and you want me to calm down,” He yelled. My dad looked like he was still taking everything in. Liz was as calm as can be, “I have never laid one finger on you Morgan, why would you lie to your own family,” She said.

As soon as the words left her mouth Josh spoke again, “Bull shit, the first week I dated her she came to my house with a bruised face from you,” he shouted. My dad looked at Liz in shock, “Is that true?” he asked her. She looked at him, “No, I would---” Josh cut him off, “I have proof,” He took out his phone and pulled up a picture of the bruise, he must have taken it when I was asleep. My dad looked at it then left the room, Liz followed. Zac was on the other side of me, “Why didn't you ever tell me Morgan?” he asked softly. I looked at him, “Because she made dad so happy and I didn't want to ruin it.” I admitted. Zac hugged me.