Part 7

Later that night I was in my room. I heard my brother yell at my dad but I didn't know what for. I walked out of my room when I heard him coming up the stair, I was shocked at what I saw. Zac was beat up pretty bad, his face was all bloody and he was just plain out looked like he got hit by a train. He looked at me, I can tell he was still on one of his anger things, “That little fucker better not touch you again.” right away I knew him and Alex went at it, and since Alex was bigger I knew he must have won the fight, “Zac why can't you just leave it alone.” I softly say. He looks at me and then pins me to the wall, I look at him completely letting fear take over my body, “Let it go... Morgan he almost fucking hurt you” He screamed at me.

Thank god m dad came up and pushed Zac off me. Zac went to his room and slammed the door. I looked at the ground with tears in my eyes, my dad went to say something but I slammed my room door and locked it. I didn't know what to do at this point, Zac hated me, my dad doesn't even know yet, and my mom well I actually hate her. But that is a story I don’t even want to think about right now. I can't handle being in this house right now. I grab my bag and unlock my window. I am on the second floor and it goes out to the roof. I carefully walk across it and to the tree that I used to play on when I was little.

Once I hit the ground I walk off. I don't know where to go so I go to the park. It is raining, but I really don't care, it hides my tears. Once I get to the park I lay on the bench. I curl up in a ball and just cry, harder than I have in awhile to be honest. It is so cold out, I don't even feel my arms they are so cold. By now I am completely drenched in water, but I don't care, I still just lay there looking at the beach. I should have just stayed in Spain, at least I was people who actually cared about me. Nobody even knows me. They think they do but they don't not even Zac. Only Kassie knows everything.

I was brought out of thought by headlights. I didn't even bother turning over to see. I didn't care anymore. I heard a car door slam shut. “Morgan!” a voice shouted, but the thunder blocked it out. I gripped my legs tighter to my chest as I lay there. Then I felt someone touch my side. I jumped. I looked up, it was blurry because of the rain, but knew it was Josh. I was so cold I couldn't even talk, “Are you crazy Morgan.” He said walking around to me. He looked at me then carefully picked me up. I didn't know what to do, I just stayed in a ball. He carried me to his car and put me in, then her got in. He turned on the heat right away then looked at me, “what the hell were you thinking Morgan? You are going to get sick.” He said calmly.

I looked out the window not looking at him. I was surprised he let me in his mustang when I was dripping wet. He didn't drive yet, I looked at him, clearly not being able to hold back tears. “Zac?” was all he said. I nodded. He started the car, “Alright, I better get you home, Zac called me freaking out when you weren't in your room.” He started driving. I shot him a look, “I can't go back... Please not right now.” I managed to say as I was shaking from the cold. He looked at me then the road and we went in a different direction.

We pulled into his drive way and I was relieved he actually listened to me. He got out and walked to my side and opened the door. I looked at him, I was still to cold to move. He lifted me up without a problem. I loved how strong he was, his muscles in his arm I could feel. He went inside, is Mom was in the kitchen still up even though it was 11 at night. She didn't notice us. He set me on the couch, “I'll be right back.” He left tot he kitchen and I heard him talking to his mom. They were talking for awhile then him and his mom were in the room. “Morgan sweetie, would you like anything to eat?” she asked me worried by how I looked I guess. I shook my head. She looked at Me with that worried mother look she always has. “Mom, she is fine.” Josh says reassuring his mom.

Once she leaves the room, Josh carried me upstairs to his room. By now I am shaking like crazy, I still have on my wet cold cloths. He pulls out one of his t-shirts and hands it to me, “Here, put this on. You need dry cloths.” He looks at me worried. I slowly nod and go to his bathroom. I change, then look in the mirror. My lips are blue and my face pale. I look awful. I walk out of the room, I don't see Josh anywhere. I climb into his bed, where there are several blankets and I wrap myself up. I instantly fall asleep in the warmth. I loved being in his bed, his smell was so good, I have to admin I was actually falling hard for Josh Johnson.

Around 3am I wake up screaming. “Morgan calm down. It was just a dream.” Josh whispers pulling me into his chest. I bury my face in his shoulder and grip his shirt and tears start falling. He rubs my back, he sounded like he hasn't go any sleep all night long. I pull away, “I can't do this Josh.” I whisper to him. He moves hair out of my face. “Do what Morgan?” he asked looking over my face. “I can't be at that house, Zac refuses to take his meds, and my mom is getting worse.” Josh was probably the only person who actually knew Liz wasn't my birth mom. Mine and Zac's real mom died when I was two, but Zac seemed to just blow it off like if was nothing and accepted our new mom, but I never did and Liz wasn't to fund of me either. “I know, I told Zac too but he wont listen.” He said softly.

We sat there for a few moments while I calmed down, he looked at me again, “You alright now? It was just a dream.” He said again. But I knew it wasn't a dream, I just relived that night on the beach but it was a scene if Josh hadn't of shown up. I looked at him and without warning I pulled him into a kiss. He was shocked but didn't pull away. It was like in those stupid love movies when sparks went off in your head, that is actually what I felt when his lips were on mine. They were so soft and sweet. Once I realized what I just did I pulled away and looked at him.

He was just looking at me in shock. I laid down on the bed and covered my face with my hands totally and completely embarrassed about what I just did. He probably didn't even like me so it was twice as bad now. Then I felt him move my hands and looked at me with a smile, “Did you just kiss me?” he softly said. I nodded without thinking. His smile told me that he knew that wasn't a part of the game. “I didn't mean to. Im sorry.” I said soon after. Hew laughed, “You're sorry for kissing me? Morgan it is fine.” And without warning his lips connected with mine once again this time by him though. He pulled away and smiled, “Knew you couldn't resist me much longer, this game was getting old.” He smirked.

I was starting to fall sleep and he went to get up, I pulled his arm, “Where are you going?” I said in a sleepy voice. He looked down at me, “The couch to sleep.” He ran his thumb over my hand. “Stay with me please.” I said. I couldn't see well in the dark but I knew he was smiling. He laid down next to me, and I got super close to him laying my head on his chest. He laid still, I don't know if he was afraid I would freak out if he touched me or what, but I didn't care, as long as he was here with me I could sleep.