Part 15

We looked at each other for a moment, I was in tears now, “I'm sorry. I just didn't think you would lose. And you didn't they were playing dirty.” I calmly said. He leaned his head on mine, “yeah I know, I got hit remember?” he said with a sign. i hugged him, burying my face in his chest. He stroked my hair, “All that matters is you are here.” he whispered. I looked up, “I love you,” I whispered. He smiled and kissed her nose, “I love you too.” I hugged him tightening my grip and he help back a groan. I looked at him worried and let go, “What's wrong?” I asked worried. He lifted his shirt up and exposed a huge bruise on his side where he had got hit in the game. I softly ran my hand over it, he tensed under my touch, then I pulled his shirt own and looked at him, “It's my fault you got hurt.... I was so dumb, that bet should have never been made, I should have stayed home and waited for you.” I said angry with myself as I turned the other way. He pulled me around and into his chest and laughed, “Babe, I would die for you if it meant it would protect you.” she smiled and went to kiss him.

Half way through the kiss the others pulled in the drive way, “Bro, that's my baby sister. Don't be doing that in front of me, or any where.... Alright I don't even want to know what you do when I am not around,” he laughs joking around. Josh smirks at me and looks up at everyone. “Kassie and chase will be here soon,” Allison informed them as she followed Matt, Danny, and Zac inside. I looked up at Josh and smiled, “Come on,” I pulled him inside.

About an hour later we were all laying on the floor talking about when we were little, since we all grew up together. They asked me how my trip had been and I told them. It was nice talking to all them as a group again. We haven't done it in a long time. Kassie was next to me and so was Allison, we were having out own little talk while the guys had theirs. Josh kept glancing over at me and I smiled at him. After awhile Zac's phone went off, he picked it up and left the room so he could here. Josh took this time to pull me on his lap and kiss me. “PDA!” Kassie and Allison shouted in unison causing the whole room to erupt in laughter. Josh and I pulled away smiling, it was funny watching the others complain about our love. Then Zac walked in, “Alright parties is over, Morgan and I have to get home.” He said shooting a look at me, of course I haven't told him about Liz yet, I couldn't he would tell our dad. I felt Josh squeeze my hand letting me know he was only a call away. I kissed him good night and said all my goodbyes to everyone and me and Zac left.

As soon as I entered the front door I went to my room, Zac called out to me but I went right up. I had no intention to even see Liz right now. I got into my comfy cloths which were a pair of my favorite sweatpants and one of Josh's Hoodies. I got into bed and laid there. My mind was thinking about that damn bet. Tyler said it wasn't over, what ever that meant? I wasn't to worried about it. I was deep in thought when I felt my eyes start to droop. I let the darkness take over and fell asleep.

The next morning I wake up to yelling. Sounds like Liz and my...dad? I shoot out of my bed and ran to the stop of the stairs to listen, “You are never fucking home so why does it matter?” I heard Liz shout. My dad's voice come in full out anger, “That is the point. This is an opportunity for me to finally get time, all I have to do is go on this trip then I will have time off.” He said. Back it up, trip? No way he would leave us alone with that thing down there he calls a wife. I found myself standing in the kitchen, “What trip?” I asked looking at my dad. He looks at me then Liz then pulls me to his side and kisses my head, “I have a business trip, only three weeks long. I promise after that I get a month off with pay still and I will be home. I promise kid-o” his words played over and over in my mind.

Once I was back in my room I screamed in my pillow and let myself fall in my bed. I heard Zac laugh and looked up. He was leaning in the doorway, “You got the news I hear?” he said walking over and sitting down. I sat up, “Yeah not looking forward to it either.” I said with a half smile. “Why can't you and Liz get long, I mean I know she isn't mom, but still what is with you two?” he asked. Damn if only he knew. I looked down, “I just don't want to replace my mom, why do you even care you seem to have forgot about mom and moved on,” I looked up realizing what I said. His face was blank of all emotions, “I didn't forget or move on Morgan, I learned to accept the fact she is gone. You can't keep pushing people away, Liz has been nothing but nice to us.” He says walking out of the room clearly upset.

All this news coming at me at once, I decided I needed a break, so I called up Josh. “Hello Beautiful!” he said with a happy tone. I smiled and laid on the bed with my phone to my ear, “Hey, want to hang out today?” I asked playing with my hair. “Yeah, come to practice with Zac, I will be there,” I smiled, “Alright see you in..” I looked at the clock and got up and walked down to where Zac was just leaving, “five minutes.” I hung up and jumped in the truck. “Let me guess, Josh?” he said with a smirk driving. “Shut up and drive,” I laughed.

Once we got to the field I hugged Josh and jumped on his back. Yeah, we were pretty much one of the cutest couples in town in my eyes. The boys laughed as we got to the field, Josh set me down and kissed my cheek. “You are my good luck charm,” He said with a smile. “I am anything but good luck, did you see what happened yesterday,” My comment made him tense a little. I looked at him, “Sorry, I forgot I shouldn't mention it.” He smiled and kissed me in the lips before running to the guys.

The game was going good, they were playing a few kids from the school downtown, they were all friends and were laughing having a good time. I was watching, then I heard a smashing sound from the parking lot. And we all know me, I have to inspect everything, it is like in one of those movies when the girl walks over to a noise and nothing good ever comes out of it. But you know me, I don't think well and I found myself walking toward the sound. As I got closer, it sounded like glass being smashed.

I got to the parking lot and froze. Oh dear lord. Josh's Mustang was trashed, his windows were smashed and it looked like someone hit it with a baseball bat. I looked in shock. I didn't even see the people standing next to the mess, I was looking at the shattered glass. When I did look up I met Tyler's eyes, he was a foot in front of me with a smirk, “Now, about that bet?” he said as he grabbed my arm. I backed up, “What did you do to Josh's car?” I shouted at him. He smiled, “Oh was that his car? My bad,” He smiled and stepped toward me. I backed up hitting something, well I guess it was someone's chest. I looked up and really wish I hadn't, because it was Alex. I was in some deep shit now, not all of Zac's team was here and all of Tyler's team was here and out numbered our team even if they did come.