Part 13

What was I going to do now? I can't tell him the truth, then my dad will find out. I don't want to see my dad hurt, Liz makes him happy and that Is all I care about. Josh touched my face, I flinched when he touched the bruise, “Please Babe, I have to know,” He softly said. I looked up at him, there was no way I can lie to him. I was fighting tears, “You have to promise not to tell any one, not even Zac,” I said looking at the ground. “Why?” he asked a little worried. I snapped my head up, “Because you can't. I don't want anyone to know, no one needs to know,” I said loudly. He bent down so she was eye level with me, “Alright I promise, just please tell me,” He said calmly.

This was it I guess, he was going to be the first person I told, well besides Kassie, I told her when I was nine about it. Yeah that is how long it has been going on from age nine to now and I am almost 18. I took a breath, “Well, I got home today and Liz was pissed at me, and she----” I was cut of by Josh, “WHAT? Liz did this to you?” he got up angry. “Morgan, you have to tell your dad.” He shouts. I stand up all the way and look at him, “No, Josh you promised you wouldn't tell anyone.” I screamed as he paced back and forth in front of me. God, I knew I should have lied, this was bad he was so pissed. “Are you serious Morgan, she hit you.” He looked me in the eye, I could tell he was hurt by this too. A tear fell from my face, “Josh please,” my voice cracked.

After he got done walking around, I was sitting on the ground in full out tears. He walked up and pulled me into a hug, “Morgan,” he began, but I cut in, “Josh, you have to promise not to tell. She makes my dad happy and he hasn't been this happy since my mom died. Please just don't tell.” I buried my face in his chest. He kissed the top of my head, “What if it gets worse?” he asked pulling me back and looking at me. I sigh, “Then I will tell him myself.” He nodded and hugged me again.

Once we got back to his house I was calmed down. I was going to stay with him tonight since Zac was going to be with Allison till midnight. When we got inside his mom was already asleep since it was 10pm. “Want some ice for your cheek?” he asked. I nodded and went to his room, I laid on the bed after putting on one of his hoodies. I curled up under the blankets and waited for him. I really loved wearing his cloths, they smelled so good, and I also really loved being in his bed. I swear he had the most comfortable covers in the world. Josh walked in and smiled at me, I must look like a freak. He walked over and wrapped the ice pack in a towel and placed it on my cheek, “There, keep it there for like ten minutes and it should help,” He said walking to his closet. I watched as he took his shirt off. Dear lord his body was perfect, every move he made his muscles showed, I was so up in the moment I didn't even notice he was smirking. Damn I was caught, oh well he was my boyfriend so It doesn't matter. He put on a clean shirt and some basketball shorts and walked over and laid next to me.

This right here was perfect, me in his arms, in his room, in his cloths. What more could a girl want? He smiled and kissed my cheek above the bruise, “I really wish you would have told me sooner babe. I have known you your whole life, how long has this been going on?” he asked rubbing my arm. I looked at him, “Since I was nine. The only person I ever told was Kass and she promised never to tell unless things got out of hand. They never did, she always made sure not to hit me where bruises would show, but tonight was different she didn't even care.” I said as I took the ice off and set it on the side table next to the bed. “I swear, if she touches you again--” I kissed him to make him forget about it. He smiled and wrapped me in his arms as we both drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I woke up alone. Really, where the hell was my boyfriend. I got up, the floor was cold on my bare feet, but I didn't mind, I still had on Josh's hoodie, and a pair of jean shorts, well I guess someone would have thought no pants since you can't see them due to the fact the hoodie covered them. I walked downstairs and looked around. Still no sign of anyone, not even his mom. What the hell. I walked to the kitchen and found a note, 'Morning Beautiful ;) sorry I didn't wake you, figured you want some sleep. I left for practice with the boys, should be home around 4. Love you' I set the note down. What the hell was I going to do, it is only 11, I have five hours. I walked around, then I decided I would walk to the field to watch.

Half way there I noticed there were extra cars parked at the school, never seen them before and I knew they didn't belong to anyone on the team. Weird, I walked around the school to the field, there were a ton of people here today. I noticed Zac was chest to chest with Tyler Knight, or otherwise known as the football captain of out rival school. His team and our team hated each other. I watched as they all lined up, looked like they were about to get in a fight or something. Josh spotted me, he looked mad I was there. Not long after I noticed Alex was there, he was on the rival teams side. God damn it I picked a bad day to come.

I walked closer, Josh wasn't about to leave Zac's side so he said something to Danny and he came running over to me, “Josh said you should go home. He doesn't want you here with Alex.” Danny said out of breath. “Well that sucks for him, I am not leaving,” I said crossing my arms like a four year old. “Why are they even here?” I asked looking at all the boys. “They are trying to piss Zac off, and it is working. They want to play a game. Zac told them they could make the bet for what the winning team gets if they win. And they are taking forever to pick,” Danny rolled his eyes. I am surprised Zac is letting them make the bet, he always picks, maybe he thought since he knows Tyler and his team will lose.

I watched as they all just looked at each other, then Tyler seen me and he smirked, “I have decided,” he said looking back at Zac. “Name it,” Zac said with a smirk. Tyler turned and pointed at me, “Winner get's her for the day,” He smiled. I froze and I heard an erupt of yelling from our team, Josh was about to kill Tyler. “No god damn way,” Zac said through clenched teeth. Tyler smiled, “You made the deal I could pick ANYTHING, and that is what I picked. No going back Carter.” He smiled again and winked at me. Josh was being held back by Adam and Matt. Zac looked at me, I knew he was going to back out of this game and let them win, “Deal!” I shouted walking up.