Part 5

MORGAN'S POV

I curled up in my bed and pulled the comforter tightly over me so my head was covered. Kass was putting my cloths away that I threw all over earlier trying to find the dress to wear. I was still in tears. Kassie was trying to avoid asking about anything, she didn't want me more upset. All this crying got me hyperventilating and I couldn't control it, I felt the effect of the drinks I had taking over. I ran to the bathroom, pretty much knocking Kass to the ground in the process. She was right behind me and held my hair as I puked.

After a few minutes I sat against the wall on the bathroom floor, still crying. I heard two more voices in my room, Kass went out and was talking. Then I seen Zac's head poke around the corner. “Morgan, can I come in?” He said in a whisper. I looked at him for a minute, then nodded. He walked over and sat beside me, “Morgan you need to breath, remember what happened last time you got like this.” He said rubbing my back. Hell yeah I remember, I had to go to the ER because I couldn't breath.

After about an hour I calmed down enough to walk back to my bed, Josh and Kass were standing by the window. Zac covered me with the covers and motioned for the other to go. Before they got out the door I spoke up, “Wait.” I softly said through my shaking voice. They stopped and looked at me, “Josh..” I trailed off. He looked at me, he was hurt seeing me like this, and I knew it was taking everything he had not to kill Alex right now, “Thank you.” I whispered before drifting off to sleep.

The next morning I woke up. Zac was asleep in the chair by my desk. I sat up. My wrist killed, I looked at it and examined the hand mark where Alex had his grip. Of course all the flashback of last night came tumbling back. I held back a sob. Zac was awake now and looking at me, “Morgan.” He said as he got up and walked over to me. I don't know what to do about this whole situation. He pulled me into a hug. “I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was at the party” I say as I pull away. He looks at me, I can tell he is trying to stay calm, “It's alright, you were mad and didn't want to talk to me. But Morgan you can't just go out with people to a drinking party.” He got a little more protective, “What if Josh hadn't been there Morgan, think of what....” He stopped himself when he seen my eyes tear up.

He pulled me up out of bed and pulled me downstairs. “Zac, what are we doing?” I ask as I sit at the bar in the kitchen. He smiled and starts making breakfast, “You need some food, it will help with the hang over trust me.” I half smile, he is trying to comfort me I guess. I looked over to see that my dad and mom were outside on the deck. “Hey Zac, you didn't tell Dad and Mom did you?” I asked worried, “Don't worry Morgan, they don't know. If you want to tell them that is up to you, but I wont make you.” I was surprised when he said that, usually he would make me tell them then tell the police.

After breakfast I did feel better I guess. “Well, I have to go to practice. But I wont be long I promise.” He said grabbing his bag. I grab his arm as he leave to go out. “wait... Please don't leave me.” I say holding back tears. I don't really want to be alone, to be honest I was terrified. He looks at me, it was clear my pain was hurting him. “Alright, but you know he might--” I hug him before he says anything else. “Zac, please don't leave me.... I can't handle it right now.” I whisper. After while he finally agrees to let me go. I go as I am dressed now, in sweatpants and a sweatshirt, my hair is in the same way it was last night just the flower fell out.

Once we pulled up to the school. I looked at all the boys, Alex wasn't there thank god. Zac got out and the boys all looked at him when they seen me there. “What's with Morgan dude. Thought it was guys only.” Logan shouted. Josh stepped out of his car, “Get to the field boys, we will meet you there. And Logan, Shut the hell up.” He smiles at him knowing they were joking. The boys all go tot he field. Zac looks at me from his side, “Are you sure about being here Morgan.” He said pulling his stuff on. I just nod. Josh walks up and doesn't look at me. But I notice the bruise on his face. I softly get out of the truck and close the door.

Every sound made me jump a little, I don't know it it was like the trauma or what but I was scared like a puppy during a storm. Zac noticed I guess and put his arm around me as we walked to the field. Josh kept a way away from me. Once we hit the field the boys all ran up. Dear lord was I freaking out, “BOY!” Josh yelled. “Stop running, god we will come over there chill.” he said calmly and then looked at me. I automatically knew why he did it, he knew I wasn't ready for all this. Zac walked me to the bleachers then joined the team.

After about fifteen minutes Josh walked over to get some water. I handed it to him, “Josh, is that bruise because of me?” I ask shyly. He looks at me almost spitting out his water, “Morgan, I swear, don't you dare blame yourself for what happened alright?” He was in front of me, he was completely being serious. “But it is my fault. You told me about his reputation but I didn't listen. And I should have told Zac about the party.” I started to get more upset. He shook his head and looked at me with a soft look, “Morgan, please. You did NOTHING wrong alright, Alex was doing wrong not you.” He said again. I looked at his face, “You got hurt because of me though. You can't argue that.” I said a little louder. “Please, I am fine Morgan, and you know I would do anything for you.” He said walking away.