Part 8

The next morning I woke up and he was still there, only now his arm was protectively around my body. I smiled and slowly sat up. I looked around then checked my phone, 18 missed calls and 25 texts from Zac and my dad. “Why are you up so early.” I heard Josh's voice say. I smiled, his sleepy voice was so damn sexy, “Sorry I didn't mean to wake you.” I looked at the clock, “Wait early, it is 1pm already.” I got up, and looked at him. He covered his face with his arm, “It is to early.” He whined. I rolled my eyes. I went and changed into my now dry cloths from last night. Then returned to find Josh already dressed, “Alright I have to get you home before Zac kills me.” He pulled me down to the living room, and to my surprise Zac was there.

Oh I was dead, I knew it Zac looked pissed. Josh stopped at the bottom of the stairs, “How'd you get in?” he asked, then his Mom waved from the kitchen, “Oh Zac came and said he was looking for Morgan all night, I assured him she was here safe.” His mom said going back to work. Josh looked at Zac. I was to shocked to talk, I just stood next to Josh. “Morgan do you know how worried I was?” Zac calmly said to me. I nodded, “Sorry, I just needed some space.” I softly said to him. Josh looked at me then Zac, “Dude, Kass called me said you were looking for her, so I went looking to. She was at the park and she was wet and cold, I just brought her here to dry off. She fell asleep so I let her sleep it off. I was just about to take her home.” Josh said, he knew Zac wasn't happy about the fact he didn't bother calling.

After I thanked Josh and his mom for letting me stay I got in the car, Zac told me he would be out in a second. So I got in and waited. I could see in the open door that they were talking, which can never be good.

ZAC'S POV

The next morning I woke up and went to apologize to Morgan, I hated yelling at her and worse I pushed her to the wall. I should never take my anger out toward her. I felt like a complete ass. When I went to her room she was gone, her window was open though and I knew right away she ran. I went to to the kitchen where my dad was, “Dad have you seen Morgan?” I asked him, he looked up from the paper and told me he hadn't. Panic took over my body and began calling around, first Kassie of course, “Hello?” I heard her voice. “Kass, hey is Morgan over there?” I asked as I went to my car. “Um, no why? Is she alright?” She asked worried. I drove down the street, “I dont know, she wasn't home. I am looking for her.” I told her.

I searched the whole damn town, the only place I didn't check was Josh's house, so I went over. I knocked and his mother opened it with a smile, “Zachary, Oh come in.” She said giving me a hug. She was like my mom, since she was the only one besides Josh, Morgan, Kassie and myself who knew about my real mom. She took care of me and Morgan like her own. “Hello Mrs.Johnson, I was just wondering if Josh was home?” I asked her. She nodded, “Yeah. He is upstairs with Morgan.” I looked at her. “Morgan is here?” I asked surprised, Morgan hated Josh so why was she here. “Yeah, he carried her in last night, looked like she'd been out in the cold rain and was crying. So he let her stay. I believe they are still asleep.” She said going to the kitchen.

Morgan stayed here, and Josh never told me. This made me pissed, he was my best friend and knew I was looking for her. I looked up the stairs and they were coming down, they both stopped at the bottom as Josh explained what happened. “Morgan go wait in the car, I will be out in a second just have to have a talk with my boy.” I smiled at her. She nodded and thanked them for letting her stay and she hugged Mrs. Johnson then went to my car. I turned to Josh, “Why didn't you fucking call me?” I said quite enough his mom couldn't hear. He looked at me, “Dude, I was going to bring her home like I said, she fell asleep in my bed so I left her.” He defended himself. I rubbed my eye, “Josh, I swear if you tried anything on my little sister---” He cut me off, “Bro, no way would I ever do anything with Morgan, she was upset I let her stay. End of story.” He sharply stated. “So that was it?” I asked again. He looked to the car where Morgan was then at me, “She had a bad dream... And wanted me to stay with her in the room.” I shoot him a glare, “You what?” I shouted, his mom poked her head in, “everything alright boys?” she asked a little worried. “Fine mom.” Josh spat at her. She went back to the kitchen, “Dude what did you want me to do, she was about to cry and I didn't want her to freaking hate me so I stayed, nothing happened.” He said.

After we got done I walked to the car and drove. I was pissed he stayed in the same room as her, I don't really care if she was upset you don't do that. I wasn't going to yell at Morgan, she was upset and I understand. But Josh knows not to try anything with her, he knows how protective I am, plus she hates him.