xxv. The Wind Palace

━━ chapter twenty-fivethe wind palace( savreen )

the wind palace
( savreen )

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

    ━━Her mind was buzzing.

    Not just from almost dying from Leo burning the bridge (their only way out of this place), nor from the extraordinary sight that was Aeolus's wind palace, or the pounding of her heart from her nerves, or over what had happened in the cave what felt like hours ago, but from Leo's revelation. 

     Foes bear arms, the prophecy had said. 

     Bridges have always been a symbol of pathways, of connection━between thought, between worlds, between soulmates. And if there was anything Savreen has learnt recently in her adventure amongst the gods, was that they loved their symbolism and their lessons. Was it far fetched that Hera had made her own symbolism between Percy and Jason? That the clue to one would be the other; that they were connected in this strange experience even if they've never once met. Whatever it will mean, it didn't sit well in Savreen's stomach. She could tell it was something dangerous. She could tell that whatever this meant, it had the high chance of going drastically wrong. Perhaps it was her experience, perhaps it was the necklace in her jacket pocket, perhaps it was her powers, or perhaps, it was merely the truth. 

      But the question now was: what was the bridge connecting? Where was the place Jason came from, and Percy crossed to? Savreen was desperate to know━not just for Claire, or for Jason, but for herself. Percy Jackson had become such a mystery, such an enigma, that they all wanted to figure out who he was. See this figure everyone praised. See the boy who faced the same curse Jason was met with, and see how he ended up. Where he ended up. 

      Because Savreen also wanted to know where Jason came from. She wanted to know him, not the fake memory she had been fed. 

      She glanced at him standing beside her, gazing up at the palace with that sad look back in his eyes, except this time, there was a fresh breath of anger. Savreen━somehow━could just feel every ounce of pain he felt then, and it was overwhelming: he had just found his sister after years, and then in just under an hour, he had lost her ... again.

      It made her reach out and grasp his hand, giving it a friendly squeeze. Just to let him know that she was here for him, as she had always been to the ghost he was at the Wilderness School. He had become family to her there, and that had been scary, since every family Sav has ever held left in tragic ways, or made her leave, and she had lost that version of him, too, but now this version━the real Jason━was starting to become her family again, too. 

      She just prayed to the gods she wouldn't lose this family, either. 

      After all the tragedies she's faced ... the thought of this one she knew she wouldn't be able to take.