ix. Savreen Can Do This

━━ chapter ninesavreen can do this( savreen )

━━ chapter nine
savreen can do this
( savreen )

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

    ━━Savreen Arora was terrified, but she didn't say this, of course.

    Flying on Happy the Dragon wasn't necessarily the part that made her scared. It was surprisingly very comfortable. The dragon's hide generated so much heat it was like they were flying in a protective bubble against the cool air, and the grooves in the dragon's back were designed like high-tech saddles, so they weren't uncomfortable. There were even safety harnesses secured under the exterior plating. That wasn't the problem. What the problem was what awaited them, and whether Savreen could handle it. It also didn't help that she thought Leo was angry at her, which made her feel heavy.

    They sat in a single file: Leo in front, then Savreen, then Piper, and then finally Jason. Savreen chose to sit here for comfort, knowing she was swaddled in and made it hard to fall━but also because Leo was right in front of her. And yet, it was awkward between them. She didn't know whether she imagined it━maybe because she knew she had lied to him, and maybe he could tell. Savreen hated lying to Leo, and Piper, and even Jason. Perhaps she was looking to much into it, for Leo was just trying to concentrate in driving the huge vehicle that was a bronze dragon in the sky, but she felt that tension in his shoulders.

    Leo used the reins to steer the dragon into the sky like he'd been doing it all his life. The metal wings worked perectly, and soon the coast of Long Island was just a hazy line behind them. They shot over Connecticut and climbed into the grey winter clouds.

    Sav could tell Leo was pushing through the tension in his shoulders to grin back at them. "Cool, right?"

    "What if we get spotted?" asked Piper.

    "The Mist," said Jason. "It keeps mortals from seeing magic things. If they spot us, they'll probably mistake us for a small plane or something."

    Savreen glanced back over her shoulder, frowning at him. She kept getting reminders she had never known him at all, and she hated how each time it was a kick to her gut. "Are you sure about that?"

    "No," he admitted. She sighed, looking forwards again. Jason pursed his lips and put a photo into his pocket. Piper arched a brow at the sight of it, and he blushed. "We're making good time. Probably get there by tonight."

    "Where are we heading?" asked Piper.

    "To find the god of the North Wind," Jason said. "And chase some storm spirits."

    "Yay..." murmured Savreen sarcastically. "I really missed Dylan."

    "Shut up, me," said Leo suddenly. 

    They all stared at him. "Sorry?" Sav's frown deepend.

    Leo's shoulders tensed further. "Uh ... nothing, preciosa," he said quickly. "Long night. I think I'm hallucinating. It's cool."