xii. A Talk About Tragedy

━━ chapter twelvea talk about tragedy( savreen )

━━ chapter twelve
a talk about tragedy
( savreen )

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━Savreen spent the trip to Chicago silent and worried. Her experience in seeing such change in the god from the markings on Jason's arm ... it unsettled her. She felt that same fight or flight response she had felt when she first started this quest. A natural feeling she couldn't get rid of━like the godly blood in her knew something she didn't and was trying to protect her.

Boreas had mentioned her tragedy━she couldn't escape it. At all. That necklace in her pocket burned like her hands were inside white-hot fire. He said Hera's plan will fail, especially since she had acquired her. She was going to ruin this quest━she was going to make it destined for tragedy. It made the appetite she had fall away and she didn't eat her sandwich. She just passed it to Jason.

He took it, a little worried. However, she instead arched a brow at Piper who was settled against his chest, fast asleep. He went bright pink. Despite her thoughts, Savreen's lips quirked up into a smile. Jason returned it.

Suddenly, she felt an urge to tell him about her necklace. It was heavy in her pocket, as if torn between wanting to stay secret and wanting to be known. But she stopped herself. Her smile fell away and she looked back in front at Leo's back. He had gotten himself cleaned up at the hotel, and Sav felt a flicker of ... annoyance? In her chest. She had seen the way he glanced up at Khione. And now he had cleaned up, fixed his hair and removed the grease and oil from his shirt━as if he was trying to impress her. That ached in Savreen's chest, and she couldn't exactly explain it.

Which was why, no matter how tired she was, she didn't wrap her arms around his waist and let herself fall asleep against his back.

She sat back up straight and scowled into the distance, feeling rather foolish. Her hand slipped into her pocket and she gripped the jewel of the necklace. Her gaze flickered down to the ground below them━it must've made her feel dizzy because for a second, she thought she saw a face staring back at her.

But then her lips slipped into a sleepy smile, eyes closed, and words whispered like wind in her ears, His father made that necklace, you know ... Savreen was so stunned she couldn't find her voice to reply. Hephaestus was jealous over Aphrodite and Ares's affair, and so he made a necklace to curse Harmonia and all of her brethen.

Sav's eyes━without realising━flickered to Leo's back. His curly hair tousled in the wind. Something in her chest dropped down into her stomach.

You feel it, don't you, coaxed the voice, the fear, the distrust? A son of Hephaestus will cause you more tragedy than a necklace every will, Savreen Arora.