Chapter VIII - Message

Summary:

The four pillars that experience the dream also get an important message. Tomioka and Kaburamaru fluff near the end.

□■□■□■□■□■□

After a short while, everyone was about to fall asleep. The water, insect, wind, and mist hashira all got a rather... mysterious dream.

•●•●•●•●•●•

Shinobu: "Where am I? Who are you?"

???: "Shinobu! You grew up so much, I am so, so proud of you."

Shinobu: "Proud? Tell me who you are!"

???: "You know it deep down in your heart."

Shinobu: "Deep down in my... heart?"

???: "Yes! I apologize for the headache you got because of me calling you the whole time."

Shinobu: "You are the one who called me, huh? What is the reason why I find myself in this weird place?"

???: "You think this place is weird? In my opinion, it's truly mesmerizing and beautiful."

Shinobu: "Oh, no, that's not what I meant. Of course, it's pretty, the nature, the flowers, and butterflies, everything."

???: "Then what is supposed to be weird?"

Shinobu: "The fact that I don't know where I am and why this place seems so mysterious."

???: "Oh that? It's like a dream. Yes, a dream. Though I like to call this more like a... communication place that depends on the user."

Shinobu: "The user? Who?"

???: "Mostly me, but you as well."

Shinobu: "Mostly you?"

???: "I already told you. You already know who I am."

Shinobu: "Even with all that, I do not want to assume anything without proper evidence."

???: "I understand that, but look around. The colors are mostly pink and green. Flowers and butterflies."

Shinobu: "...I'm not quite sure, even though I have a speculation."

???: "Ah, Shinobu... At least remember this..."

Shinobu: "You mean the place?"

???: "Of course, but also this quote is mine."

Shinobu: "Tell me what you want to say."

???: "Call me whenever you need me, even in the most life-threatening situation. Even if you are not sure who I am, the moment you call me, you will automatically say my name. Remember that you can only do this once, so use me, your mysterious 'protector' wisely."

Shinobu: "Apologies, I'm still a bit confused, but I'll keep it in mind."

???: "Thank you, Shinobu. May we see each other another time, farewell."

Shinobu: "Ah, yes... Farewell."

•●•●•●•●•●•

Sanemi: "What is this place and why is it so windy?"

???: "Hey, Sanemi!"

Sanemi: "Who the hell are you!? Are you a demon!?"

???: "Chill, I'm not! I'm just a quote deliverer for you."

Sanemi: "And what is a quote deliverer supposed to be?"

???: "Shouldn't it be self-explanation able? I'm just here to tell you one thing."