Chapter XII - Alone

Summary:

Iguro being zhe new emooo /j

[thanks for all the ideas you guys gave me! Please consider this chapter as some kind of 'prologue'. The chapter with all the ideas will come next!]
□■□■□■□■□■□

"Kaburamaru, there has to be a way to get his memories back, right? Anything that would trigger it. It worked for me, didn't it?" Iguro said to his snake. He still had a tint of red in his eyes due to crying. He was inside his mind for a while, thinking of nothing else other than plans on how to hopefully trigger Giyuu's emotions.

A few hours passed. It was dawn, and the other hashira were slowly fully recovered. Even the serpent pillar came out of the bathroom. He looked like a mess, but he was happy that no one besides Kocho and Tomioka heard the word 'boyfriend'. By now, the others have forgotten or rather... try to forget the short event that happened a few hours ago.

Iguro decided to go outside. His wounds still needed to heal, but he didn't care. As soon as he heard the presence of the kids, Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi, he immediately went to his estate. Obanai didn't want to go back to the butterfly estate. He decided to go to his own home, the serpent estate.

Once he arrived, the just slammed himself onto his bed, doing nothing but looking at the ring that Giyuu got him. It does fulfill the purpose Tomioka wantedー to be able to remember the other because of how this represents their eye colors and in Iguro's case, the marble texture reminds him of waves and the ocean, representing water breathing.

He wished that one single world could have triggered Tomioka's memories, just like his own, but the case was different. The memory loss cause was poison and not a blow after all.

This could have not been able to be fixed easily. And now, he was alone again. No company, no friends, no enemies, no nothing. The only one who keeps him company is Kaburamaru, and they understand him, but at the same time, they don't.

The emotions and everything he felt was like the trip of a wanderer. Sometimes the optimism is going up and down. For Iguro, it slowly didn't matter anymore.

Turns out the other hashira did forget about what happened back at the butterfly estate. No one, absolutely no one, remembers it. Or rather almost no one. Only the water and insect pillars do, but they don't wish to talk about it. The behavior that Obanai showed easily signed stress, disbelief, and hints of a problem in his mental health.

This went on for days now. The thoughts, the emotions, it was all the same. Iguro wasn't himself anymore, he was mentally... it could be described as gone. Or locked in a small room with no exit, trying
desperately to get out. It's the same with his emotions. He wants to get more confidence and go out, trying to get help, but he rather takes the opportunity to be like a small stone.

Iguro doesn't go on missions or meetings, and whenever he heard a knock on the door, he usually ignored it. The serpent pillar wasn't out for days, and the only light he got, was a small opening from the windows he had covered with some cloth a long time ago.

The man didn't even care about the food, he had enough food in his storage room concealed in small boxes to make it not rot.

His routine is the same. Waking up does his bathroom stuff, eats something, fills up a cup of water and a small bowl with food for Kaburamaru, lays on his bed all day, eating the leftovers from his so-called breakfast, and then goes to sleep.

Iguro wasn't motivated to do anything. He simply wasn't. The state he was in was like some sort of self-corruption.

The other hashira started to get worried, but what could they have done? They tried getting in but there was no use.

"I feel like there is no way of getting him out of his estate. This is getting pathetic." Shinazugawa said. "Ara ara~ Don't think that Shinazugawa-San!", Kocho said and then whispered to Giyuu "Tomioka-San, I'm sure you haven't forgotten about this situation a few days ago. How about you try to get him out?" The water pillar thought about it for a while but eventually agreed to it.

The next day Giyuu went to the serpent estate, looking for Obanai. He knocked but there was no answer. He knocked and again same results. "Iguro, can you please come out?"

.•.•.•.•.•.

A few minutes ago, Iguro was refilling the water and food for his snake until heard some knocking on his door. Of course, he didn't answer even though there were more knocks. But then he heard a voice. A gentle, calm, and beautiful voice. The voice he had been waiting to hear, even desperate to hear. He decided to go to the front door and opened the door just a small bit to peak through it.

Tomioka was surprised it worked, and just some seconds later, after the serpent pillar realized it was Giyuu, he opened the door.

When Iguro opened the door, Tomioka was shocked to see the young man. Messy hair, eyebags, red under eyes, dull and tired look all over his face. "Iguro, what happened to you..?"

The serpent pillar mumbled, thinking that Giyuu wouldn't hear it even though he did: "Just overthinking..."

Of course, they didn't have the greatest terms, Iguro loves Mitsuri and he is very overprotective over her. He hates Giyuu, or that is what Tomioka thought.

Still, the water pillar came inside the estate, took off his shoes, slammed the door behind him, and dragged Obanai.

Just sometime later, Iguro found himself feeling comfortable. Giyuu gave him a light massage and brushed his hair.

"W...hy..?" Iguro asked quietly. "I may not know what is wrong and this whole situation, but I think I can trust you," Giyuu said.

Obanai stayed silent for a while, and let Giyuu do his thing.

For the next days, Giyuu continuously took care of Iguro. He didn't know why, it just felt right. But for the serpent pillar, it was something completely else.

He felt complete and soon happy again. There was just one thing that was missing, hidden memories.

Then, one day, Giyuu didn't show up at all. He waited, but he never came. The next day, the water pillar didn't show up again. And it went on and on.

That has driven him to his depressed like state from before because it has been a whole month since then.

Sure enough, his crow came with a message...
That message, it was something shocking. He wanted to cry, he wanted to leave this world. It was hell.
Perhaps, there could've been a way to solve this problem. Something drastic...

□■□■□■□■□■□

Story words: 1131
Complete chapter words: 1229

Chapter XI start: 06/05/2022
Chapter XI end: 17/05/2022
Published: 17/05/2022

Inspiration: an idea from the comments in the a/n chapter

Written by: Masumi Sensu
Grammar checked by: Masumi Sensu
Check read by: Masumi Sensu

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! See you in the next one and have a good day/night! ♡