Chapter VI - 7 Minutes in Heaven... drama

Summary:

They play 7 Minutes in Heaven and Kanroji got Iguro. He then rejects her love and drama is starting.

□■□■□■□■□■□

It was the next day, nothing special happened and none of the hashiras asked where either Giyuu or Obanai were. Everything was the same and the two boyfriends just interacted in secret with each other. Soon nighttime was approaching once again.

"How about we play 7 Minutes in Heaven?" Mitsuri asked. All of them agreed, except Muichiro, Giyuu, and Obanai who didn't know how to play it.

"We're writing our names on these pieces of paper, put them all into a bowl and then one person will take one piece, going into the closet for seven minutes with the person that was on the paper."

All three agreed then, Tokito of course soon forgot everything. After writing down all the names, they spun a bottle to see who would pick a piece of paper first. It landed on Iguro.

"Iguro-San, it's your turn!" Mitsuri said, hoping that she'll get picked. On the other hand, Obanai hoped for Tomioka to be the person who goes into the closet with him.

The serpent hashira went to the bowl, pulled out a paper, and...

It was Kanroji Mitsuri...

"Kanroji, I got you.." Iguro said with a slight hint of dissatisfaction and disappointment that you almost didn't hear. Giyuu heard that feeling out of it. Jealousy once again took over his mind, but he knew that Obanai wouldn't cheat on him. Not after what happened.

Both of the pillars went inside the closet in the other room. The walls were thick, which is reasonable because of demons, so the others didn't hear much easily.

•Iguro POV•

I was already getting uncomfortable after a short time. Of course, I still view Kanroji as a sweet and beautiful girl, though nothing can overcome Yuu. The worst is still the situation from two days ago. Everyone thinks we like each other, but I don't anymore. If I reject her, the others might see me as an a-hole... Even though I don't need anyone other than Yuu, I would definitely not like to be bothered by Kocho. I'm not sure if the rumors were true but apparently, Shinazugawa liked someone in Kocho's family but he still rejected that girl and the insect started to tease him a little until he threatened her a bit too much, so now they are just regular comrades, while she took Yuu as her present 'victim'.

Being in my thoughts made me forget reality and as soon as I snapped out of it, I found a relaxed Kanroji next to me, leaning her head on my shoulder.

•Narrator POV•

"Excuse me, Kanroji? Could you please get off?" Mitsuri got confused and a bit sad but she did get off. The love pillar was still very near the serpent hashira though. "Iguro-San, would you like to kiss? I can't see what's under your mask anyway." Mitsuri asked. "Kanroji. I told you that I won't take my mask off, and no, I don't want to kiss." He rejected. Mitsuri got even sadder hearing that.

"I understand the mask part but why on the other one? Don't you love me too?" She asked curiously in a sad and disappointed tone. "I know it sounds weird since I 'confirmed' that I love you two days ago but... I... I fell out of love." This made the love pillar shocked, as shocked as if she saw an upper-ranked demon. "W-What?! In two days out of... out of NO reason?!" The serpent pillar sighted, as he felt the sad aura. He was able to hear Mitsuri shed tears. Tears she loved could get wiped away by the one and only Iguro Obanai.

The girl sat down on the other side of the closet, quietly crying out all of her sadness. Iguro hated it, he didn't want to Mitsuri cry, even if he didn't love her anymore. But both stayed silent and away from each other for the rest of the round.

"Guys! The seven flamboyant minutes are over, get back here!" Uzui shouted in the direction of the closet. Not a long time after, the serpent pillar came out with normal looks and facial expressions. A bit after him, the love hashira with eyebags trying to hide her face until she found her seat again.

"Kanroji-, what happened?!" Rengoku said with a worrying smile. No answer from Mitsuri, she just looked down at the floor. "Iguro-San, what happened?

"I rejected her confession of love towards me." He said. Everyone got surprised. "Don't you love her too? Two days ago, you got the dare of hugging the person you like, and it was Kanroji." Shinobu asked. Iguro nodded.

"I fell out of love with her." Everyone made a confused look. "In two days?" Tengen wondered. "Yes, please don't ask why. I just... don't love her anymore." Mitsuri was still crying a little bit, three sides kinda formed.

There were neutral people, Shinazugawa, Tokito, and Himejima. Kocho was on Iguro's side, as well as Tomioka was but he didn't show it of course. Rengoku and Uzui on Kanroji's.

°•°•°•°•°•°

Tengen: "It's weird, how could've you just unflamboyantly fallen out of love with her in two days? Are you just playing around with her feelings or what!?"

Shinobu: "Uzui-San, there is surely a reason!"

Kyojuro: "I agree that he could have a reason, but look how much he made her cry!" [I'm sorry for making Kyojuro act like this :( ]

Gyomei: "Please do not fight..."

Sanemi: "People are dying every day, we're fucking demon slayers and you are fighting over pathetic love."

Tengen: "But wasn't Iguro always so overprotective and possessive over Kanroji!?"

Shinobu: "Well yes, maybe, but perhaps something happened? You can't just assume things without evidence."

Kyojuro: "Uzui does have a point though. He glared at us, everything, just to get us away as soon as we talked to her."

Shinobu: "Yes, he may have been like that, but it looks like it changed!"

Obanai: "PLEASE JUST STOP ARGUING!"

°•°•°•°•°•°

Everyone was silent as Iguro said that. He ran out of the room and locked himself in a bathroom. Kocho tried to get in there with Himejima, but it didn't go as lucky. They gave up, and they decided to meditate a little bit in the garden. Kanroji, Uzui, and Rengoku ate in the kitchen. Then, Tomioka tried his luck.

"Oba, love, can I come in?" He asked. He waited about ten seconds until he heard the lock opening. Giyuu went into the bathroom and locked it again.

Giyuu sat beside his boyfriend and wrapped one arm around him, pulling Iguro closer to himself. "How are you feeling?" Tomioka asked. "..I don't like yelling, especially when I'm the reason, that's all." Obanai felt something warm around him.

Opening his eyes, he already found himself in a cuddling position with Tomioka. "Thank you, Yuu."

■□■□■□■□■□

Story words: 1179
Complete chapter words: 1223

Chapter VI start: 04/11/2022
Chapter VI end: 04/13/2022
Published: 04/13/2022

Inspiration: just that one person in class when playing truth or dare-

Written by: Masumi Sensu
Grammar checked by: Masumi Sensu
Check read by: Masumi Sensu

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! See you in the next one and have a good day/night! ♡