Chapter III - Beautiful tune

Summary:
After a little talk, Giyuu went to a quiet and calm place. He starts to hum a melody that Iguro and he made up in the past. Obanai soon finds him and tries to find out about the weird secrets of Tomioka that include him by getting closer.

[This chapter's a bit shorter than usual, but I tried my best :>]

□■□■□■□■□■□

After a long night, everyone woke up surprisingly amazing. Well, almost. Iguro-San a maximum of two hours, he couldn't sleep at all. His thoughts, wonders, everything. It wasn't possible for the serpent hashira to concentrate on sleeping.
And then, Tomioka. He did semi-fine. Why? Actually, when Iguro woke up, he did not know that a certain someone was not asleep. It was Tomioka. He noticed that Obanai was looking for Kaburamaru, how the black-haired took the snake back, and so on.

Giyuu was awake at this time because he again did have that dream. The very same one as the one he had at the break inside the bathroom. It makes him happy, but also sad. There was one thing that was different though, and that was the last sentence that the Obanai in that dream said. Instead of ending this with 'I love you, only you' It was:
"Don't worry, you're on the right way. The progress has started, my dear Yuu."
What Giyuu couldn't figure out was the so-called progress. It could have been anything. He was confused too, just like Iguro with his dream, but the water pillar just let it get into oblivion.

"Poke. Poke." A female voice said. Giyuu turned around to see the insect pillar standing there, poking the male with her index finger continuously. "Kocho, what are you doing?" He asked. "Ah, Tomioka-San, don't you know? This is how you can make friends! Poke. Poke." The shorter hashira answered. "..Poke. Poke?" A tiny giggle left Shinobu's mouth. "You really don't get why you do this?" She asked. Giyuu didn't answer. "Aww, come on. You know ignoring someone is rude. You even played Truth or Dare with us yesterday, so why not socialize a little more?" Shinobu asked. Tomioka looked at the insect hashira, said "maybe later," and walked away.

Oyakata did lock them in the estate but they actually had a garden-like area with glass around it. Giyuu decided that it would be a calm and nice place to stay, and so he did walk there, thinking about nothing.

While that happened, the others were talking again. Mitsuri was sleeping on Obanai's lap but soon fell asleep. The serpent hashira laid the love pillar on her bed and also wanted to go somewhere else. The black-haired was in the garden area, and heart a tune. A very beautiful tune. It didn't take him too long to realize it was Tomioka's.

Iguro decided to follow the tune, going into the garden. Standing right in front of the raven-haired, he tapped his leg with his shoe. The humming stopped, and the water hashira looked up to the serpent pillar.

"Do you need something?" Giyuu asked. Obanai shocked his head. "That tune... Kaburamaru seems to take a liking on that..." He soon responded while pointing at his snake who seemed comforted in some way.

What he didn't know is that he and Tomioka created that melody in the past.

"You have a lot of important secrets that you keep from me which involve me, don't you, Tomioka?" The black-haired asked with a glare. Getting a nod, the serpent hashira sat down in front of Giyuu.

Iguro first struggled to ask a question that meant a lot to him, but in the end, he managed. "Will I be able to know them if I get closer to you..?" Obanai asked embarrassed. Even a blush appeared because of the embarrassment.

Tomioka couldn't believe it though. He couldn't believe his own eyes and ears. Wondered if it was just his imagination or if it was just an act. If it was just a hallucination. There was no way. There was just no way that the serpent pillar, who despises him, actually asked that. He couldn't believe that the reason why is because of curiosity. It almost seemed unreal.

There was an awkward silence between the two at first. Both processing everything. "So... should we just start to chat around?" Iguro asked and got a nod.

The two of them had an actual conversation about different things. It was so surprising to see the usual unsocial water pillar be talking that much other than just a few words. Instead of nods or any kind of body language that would replace his voice was this time replaced by talking.

Tomioka also asked if they could keep it a secret and Obanai agreed.

Seeing these two get along as if it was a miracle. After all the chatting, both of them felt sleepy, and in case they would fall asleep, Iguro went a little bit away, going to a tree. Still chatting, the two were going into a small slumber.

■□■□■□■□■□

Story words: 787
Complete chapter words: 909

Chapter III start: 03/13/2022
Chapter III end: 04/07/2022
Published: 04/07/2022

Inspiration: Listening to calm songs while resting

Written by: Masumi Sensu
Grammar checked by: Masumi Sensu
Check read by: Masumi Sensu.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! See you in the next one and have a good day/night! ♡