Chapter XIII - Journey

A/N
Hey, enjoy this chapter! I now have a school break and I'll try to update a this story again. Please don't be surprised if it won't be as regularly as in the oast but hey, at leats something, right?
I think this story will have about 20 chapters maybe?
Lemme explain...

[spoiler for the whole story, just skip if you don't want to see it]

Chapter 14, searching for Tomioka.
Chapter 15, finding Tomioka/bringing him back
Chapter 16, Tomioka had turned into a demon, everyone trying to adjust to the current situation
Chapter 17, the whole mugen train, season 2, and manga in a nutshell but with a few changes
Chapter 18, the final fight
Chapter 19, aftermath and stuff
Chapter 20, three endings (good, bad, true)

Summary:
Iguro wants to go search for Tomioka but the hashira stop him. Obanai will finally explain a bit.

□■□■□■□■□■□

"Tomioka Giyuu is officially called missing after his mission to Sagiri Mountain!"
Shock overcame the eyes of the serpent pillar. This is where his limit was. The hashira took his nirichin blade and put on his haori, as well as putting on his mask and letting Kaburamaru slide around his neck.

Iguro didn't care about his injuries— his broken bones or mental state. He simply didn't care. Not even five minutes in and he was already out of his estate, making his way over to Sagiri Mountain.

..Sagiri Mountain. It was familiar to Iguro until he realized that it was the place where Tomioka was trained to be a slayer by the former hashira, Urokodaki Sakonji.

But Obanai completely forgot that the root he was going would lead him past the Ubuyashiki Estate. And it was also the time when the other pillars were there.

Before the serpent hashira could realize where he was passing, his name was already called out. "Moshi moshi, Iguro-San! So unexpected to see you here, come over!" The other pillars looked in the direction that the insect pillar was talking about and sure enough, some hashira went to him immediately, being Kanroji, Shiazugawa, Kocho, and Rengoku.

"So you finally decided to show up? Tch..." Sanemi said in a pissed tone [bromance<3]. "Don't be too harsh on young Iguro, young Shinazugawa!" Rengoku shouted happily with a bright smile. "You're literally one year younger tha—" The wind pillar got cut off by a girl's voice.

"Iguro-San, I'm so sorry for being mad please forgive me. Are you alright? Are you okay? Please answer me!!!" said the love hashira while hugging the serpent pillar.

"Let me go, Kanroji... I don't love you. I love someone else.." Iguro said. Everyone except him and Shinobu was surprised.

Shinobu responded: "Iguro-San, I'm sorry, but what you do is against the law. I have to report it to Oyak-"

"Who the f-ck cares about the law!? Why can't you love who you want!? Tell me Kocho, tell me!! Go ahead! I swear to god, go ahead and report it to Oyakata-Sama! What will he do? Execute us both!? How nice, losing two hashiras because of something stupid! I'm done. I'm gonna search now and do whatever you want, I don't care! Report all you like but if you're gonna say one more thing, then I will leave the corps for f-cks sake!" Iguro ranted out loud.

Shinobu felt bad. The other pillars were just shocked and surprised over this behavior.

The insect hashira gave away a sight. "Fine, but be careful when going there. Sagiri Mountain has a lot of traps from what I heard and the air is very thin."

Obanai was a bit happier again. Finally, she understood, he thought.

"Hold up you two! Can anyone explain?" Uzui asked.

"I think Iguro should explain!" Rengoku said.

Obanai breathed in and out. "I...I'm gonna keep it short. Basically, Giyuu and I had been dating for six years. We got to know each other at the final selection and became inseparable friends to lovers." He explained.

There was a short moment of silence until it was interrupted by a female's voice. "Kyaaa! Why didn't you tell me Iguro-San!!!! If I could have known, I wouldn't have made such a drama!!!" Mitsuri said, screaming in embarrassment.

"Forgive me, Kanroji. The truth is that I wasn't able to remember our relationship for two years. That's because of a fight that I had in the past but my memory was triggered again a few days ago." He said.

Everyone had to take a while to process it. The spiteful serpent hashira, who always hinted a personal hatred against the water pillar just revealed that they have been dating for some time. It was too much to take in immediately.

"I made up my mind. I'll accept your situation and won't tell Oyakata-Sama!" Kocho said. "Count me in." Said Kanroji and Rengoku in sync. "I guess I'll accept too." Responded Shinazugawa and Himejima. "I will flamboyantly shut my mouth about it!" Answered Uzui. Muichiro just looked confused, but Iguro knew he liked someone.

Obanai nodded in appreciation. "Are you sure you want to go alone?" Asked Sanemi. Again, Iguro nodded. "Wait, let at least someone go with you!" Said Kocho. Obanai raised an eyebrow, wondering who.

A bit later, the serpent pillar agreed and Shinobu, together with Mitsuri got the person. They came back with a boy. He had red hair, red eyes with white pupils, hanafuda earrings, a green-black checkered haori, and a wooden box behind him.

The boy bowed down to the serpent hashira and greeded him. "Hello, my name is Kamado Tanjiro, Mizunoto rank." Iguro wondered how a Mizunoto ranked boy could help him, but he eventually let him go with him.

And soon, both boys started to go on the journey to Sagiri Mountain.

□■□■□■□■□■□

Story words: 822
Complete chapter words: 1037

Chapter XIII start: 05/18/2022
Chapter XIII end: 06/07/2022
Published: 06/07/2022

Inspiration: an idea from the comments in the a/n chapter

Written by: Masumi Sensu
Grammar checked by: Masumi Sensu
Check read by: Masumi Sensu

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! See you in the next one and have a good day/night! ♡