Chapter X - Fight

Summary:

It's just the fight between Hantengu and Iguro only.

□■□■□■□■□■□

"Let go of him you b4stard!" Iguro shouted. "My, my, why so mad? Relax a little, hashira." Karaku said. Obanai's blood vessels were already visible due to his anger.

Iguro was about to do an attack but got stopped by a specific sentence. "His blood tastes good~." The serpent hashira looked ever, seeing his boyfriend having a fresh injury near his shoulder and blood on one of the demon's mouths. He was biting him, tasting Tomiokas blood like a filthy vampire.

This was it, this was Iguro's final straw. He concentrated to use a strong attack. "Serpent Breathing, first form: Winding Serpent Slash!" Obanai dashed like a snake in lightning speed to the demon that just bit Tomioka and slashed him multiple times. He got injured but quickly healed. Obanai wondered, how the demons were able to even get Tomioka in the first place.

The fight was like a curse. Iguro used so many attacks but nothing worked. Even weirder, the four demons didn't even try to hurt the serpent hashira much. They had Giyuu but didn't do anything to him except for tasting his blood. They weren't here to just kill these two, they were here to play with them. Manipulate their emotions, making them feel sorrow and despair. They wanted to emotionally torture them.

It was like an endless fight. Iguro didn't lose hope, but he tried his best. Releasing first, second, third, fourth, and fifth forms. It felt like it wasn't doing anything. It was obvious that Iguro was stronger than Hentengu, but his frustration was the stronger weapon. Uppermoon 4 exactly knew it, he predicted everything. The frustration from the serpent hashira was immense, more than he ever imagined. And the reason for that was the past.

Looking at Tomioka, his face was pale. His chest wasn't moving normally— his breathing got slower.

Iguro couldn't hold it in anymore. His madness took over his mind, he put his concentration to a whole other level, using his second form, cutting off Urogi's head. The other three demons got surprised. This is where the real fight began.

•Iguro POV•

B4stard, b4stard, b4stard, ba4stard! Come on Obanai, you gotta save Giyuu!

"You have eyes like a serpent."

No, shut up, I don't!

"Be in that cage and worship meike your family does."

I will never worship a stupid demon.

"Today I have a surprise. I will slice your mouth open."

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!!

"I will help you, Kid."

Thank you, Rengoku-San.

"This is my best friend Tomioka Giyu, he is heavenly injured! Please make sure he is safe."

Not only back then, but I will also always try to protect him.

"He's an arrogant a$shole that thinks he is better than us."

No, he's not! These stupid thoughts, they areー
What..?

"Runaway, leave me behind. Save yourself."

Giyuu..? No, I can't leave you. No matter what. "No matter what, I will kill you all!" I swear I will!
"Serpent Breathing, Fifth Form: Slithering Serpent."

•Narrator POV•

One slash that had almost full concentration. Two more demons were down. Only Sekido, the demon of anger was left.