Chapter Forty-five

Start from the beginning

University?

"But sir... I haven't been to any university before apart from this one..."

Both of them sat back simultaneously, gracing me with a neutral expression.

It was Mr. Edward who spoke first,in a slow manner as if he was talking to a toddler.

"What are you trying to tell us, Miss?"

"I'm trying to say, this is the first school I've been to right after I completed highschool last year..."

"And so, you thought it right to waste your time doing some disguise nonsense rather than furthering on to a college which wasn't single gender??"

I shook my head vigorously,"no-no, I mean,no I didn't come here on my free will. Trust me, wasting my time doing this was the last thing on my mind. I really had no intention of attending this school but you people admitted me."

"We admitted you?!"

"Yes you did— I can even show you the email the school sent to me,"I said, my confidence spiking as I drew my phone out of my back pocket.

I logged into my Gmail, scrolling down from the messages I received from Noble's, that day I was informed of my accommodation.

"Here,see for yourself."

The office grew silent. Their eyebrows pulled together in concentration and disbelief as they read the messages.

"I can't believe this,"Mr. Edward sniggered. "This seems true.. "

The headmaster scoffed,"don't be shallow, Edward. You can't possibly believe this! It is obviously not genuine,any faker can do this. We're in the 21st century, technology is at it's peak,be smart!"he snapped his fingers at his colleague.

"Well... yeah, I suppose you're right..."

"You've got to believe me,"I said exasperatedly,"if I came here with secrecy intent in fact I wouldn't have gone to the headmaster's office to present my details and pay fees."

They had to believe me!

"Wait, wait.. you're trying to say you actually went through all the admission procedures on the first day? Under Mr. Fordham's own eyes?" Mr. Edward asked, trying to wrap it around his head as he gave the headmaster a swift puzzled glance.

I nodded.

"Yes. He inputted my particulars, asked for my details, my ID and other necessities as well. Before I went to the accountant's office to pay my fees."

"Wow... this is so...,"the assistant head snickered uncontrollably, turning to the headmaster,"wow, Fordham, I can't believe you didn't notice! Like, how possible? You asked for her ID picture and yet? For the record, you nailed it over there."

He finished, laughing afterwards.

"Er...this is not funny, Edward, this is a serious case!"

"Oh come on, it is hilarious! Had you been overwhelmed with fatigue or something?"his shoulders shook with chuckles.

My lips twitched, watching the headmaster flush slightly at the revelation. He turned to the computer, punching vigorously on the keyboard.

"I admit I might not taken a close look... well, how am I suppose to know a girl had been admitted here!"

The assistant's chuckles faded, the room falling silent with the only sound of typing coming from the headmaster.

He kept muttering things to himself as he stared at the monitor.