"Sup, grandpa" Ryujin greets.

"Ryujin, is that Yeji?" A woman ask.

"Yep, this is her, Auntie. Isn't she pretty?" She ask.

"Yeji, that's my aunt" she points at the woman.

"Hello, I'm Yeji, nice to meet you" I say to her.

"That's Annie, my grandpa's girlfriend" she points at an older woman but the woman just gives me a fake smile.

"And last and the very least, my grandpa" Ryujin laughs.

"Just because I'm old, it doesn't mean I can't kick your ass, Ryujin" her grandpa threatens.

"I get it" Ryujin laughs.

"Seat down" he tells us. Well more like Ryujin, I'm not sure if he's even noticed that I'm here.

"So Yeji, is it? How much do you want?" He suddenly ask me.

"Grandpa" Ryujin says his name.

"Dad, that's not nice" the aunt says.

"What? That's probably why she's marrying Ryujin this quickly. She has two kids, can't make it on her own so she's marrying someone for an easy way out" he states.

"Grandpa, enough. You're not even trying to get to know her and you're already judging her" Ryujin squeezes my hand. I squeeze back to hopefully calm her down.

I didn't know what to expect when I said I should meet her grandpa but I didn't think it would go south this fast.

"Isn't it bad enough that your sister married a woman? Do you have to do it too?" He ask Ryujin now.

"Dad!" The aunt speaks up again.

"Julia, let him speak. He has a point" Annie joins.

"We're leaving" Ryujin stands up, pulling me along with her.

"This is why I didn't want her to meet you but she wanted to meet you because you're my grandpa. She wanted me to invite you to the wedding but I said no for this exact reason. I can't believe you would say that she's just using me. Not only are you insulting her, you're also insulting me. You're claiming that I'm not smart enough to know when someone is using me. I love Yeji and she loves me just like how Rosé and Lisa love each other. They have two kids together that you barely spend time with. You spend more time with Annie's grandkids than you do Gabe and Alyssa" she breathes out clearly frustrated.

"Yeji is not only an amazing mother but she's also an amazing person. I'm lucky enough to have her love me back. She makes me happy. She makes the pain that I feel bearable. She makes everyday easier for me. Her kids are wonderful. Eva is smart, funny, sassy and very sweet. Ervin is so chill, mainly because he spends most of his time asleep but I'm sure he will be a great kid too because Yeji is his mom" Ryujin faces me.

"I'm sorry you had to experience this. Let's go back home" she says to me.

"Wait" I stop and she looks at me confuse.

"I understand you're worried for Ryujin that I might be using her and your reasons are valid. I do have two kids I need to take care of but not once did I make Ryujin have to be responsible for them. Ryujin and I are getting married this quickly because we want to be with each other all the time. Even if you don't have faith in me, shouldn't you have faith in her? She's your granddaughter and from what I can tell, she does everything you ask her to so why can't you support her?" I ask her grandpa.

"If you want me to sign a prenup before the wedding then I will. I'm not with Ryujin for her money or your family's money. I'm with Ryujin because I love her. I love her more than I've ever loved anyone. Whether you believe that or not is not my problem because I know the truth and as long as Ryujin can feel my love for her then that's all that I care about" I finish what I'm trying to say.

We start walking away and I stop again, "I still hope that you'll attend our wedding for Ryujin's sake."

We walk out of the house and I let out a deep breath. "Oh my god that was so scary" I say while trying to calm myself.

"What was that?" Ryujin looks at me in disbelief. Did I upset her? Was it too much?

"That was awesome. Yeji, you just stood up for yourself and me. That was incredible. You don't need me anymore" she chuckles.

"I'll always need you. I have confidence because of you. When you're not around, there's no one around to keep encouraging me" I say.

"I at least hoped we would make it through dinner. We haven't even started and it already blew up" she laughs.

Were getting ready to leave when Annie stops. Ryujin rolls her eyes and I'm guessing she's not a fan of this woman.

"How could you talk to your grandpa like that?" Annie starts nagging Ryujing.

"It's funny how he's worried about me being used by Yeji but he can't see that you're using him" Ryujin scoffs. I've never seen Ryujin like this. She's usually calm and collected.

"Ryujin, let's go" I say because I know she doesn't like it when she acts like this. I want to get her away before she says or does something she might regret.

She doesn't move but just continues to glare at Annie so I decide to pull her away. She doesn't fight it and once we're far enough from the house, I stop her.

"What's wrong? You normally don't let anyone affect you" I say, concern about her.

"She just gets on my nerves. I don't think about her when she's not around but when she is, I just get really upset. She always says bad things about us to my grandpa and she even says bad stuff about Gabe. My grandpa was actually opening up and becoming accepting of same sex couples but she came along and made him all conservative again. And she's one of those hypocritical Christians that praises God to everyone but she has a kill list" Ryujin shakes her head.

"Hey, I'm here. Calm down" I hug her.

"I'm here now. Whenever she gets on your nerves, just come to me. I'll hold you until you feel better" I say to her.

I hug her for some time until she finally pulls away. "Thank you" She smiles at me.

"Anything for my future wife, right?" I smile back.

"I like the sound of that. Should we get the kids and go out for dinner tonight?" She ask.

"Sounds good to me" we start walking back to the house.

Once we're back to the house, we get the kids ready to go out for dinner.

While Ryujin is driving, I just watch her as she talks to Eva, trying to keep her entertained. I hope we will always end the day like this as a family with full of love and joy.