Chapter 8

A Date and a Surprise

Theodosia's POV

After a night in the Schuyler sister's house, I felt poor. I had so much fun though. I also have a HUGE reason to be excited. I have a date with Aaron! I'm so exited and happy.

For breakfast at the Schuyler's we had chocolate chip pancakes. We also had bacon but I'm a vegetarian. Actually, I'm a pescatarian but that's not important right now. I left the Schuyler's at around noon.

"Did you have fun?" Mom asked me in the car.

"Yeah! Um... do we have anything to do at five PM?" I queried.

"No. Why?" 

"School is hosting an event at Blue Cow. May I go?"

"Sure. But we eat dinner at 5:30. Could you go at six?"

Shoot. This is a problem. I'll have to tell Aaron that I can't be there at five.

"...Yeah. I can go at six."

When we got home I ran into my bedroom and dropped my bags. Then I went to find my siblings. As I described the house, their eyes got wide. I went to find my dad and told him all about it. I didn't tell anybody about the downtown thing though. I had to promise to keep that a secret. 

After I told everyone about my day, I called Abigail Smith who was my best friend. The Schuyler sisters don't really like her so that's why she wasn't at the sleepover. After two rings, Abigail picked up. I was in the privacy of my room and the door was shut.

"Abby! I need your help!" I exclaimed.

"Not even a "Hello. How are you?" That's fine though. What do you need?" Abigail said.

She wasn't actually mad. That's just how Abigail is. She's been my best friend since second grade.

"Actually, it'd be better if we were on a video call..." I thought out loud.

We quickly switched to a video call. Abigail's face filled the screen. We smiled at each other. Then I walked to my closet and pulled out three outfits. I hung them up so my friend could see them.

"Okay. So, I have to tell you something very important. I'm going on a date with Aaron!" I squealed.

Abby fell off her bed and disappeared from camera view. I could hear her squealing and laughing. She climbed back onto the bed with a huge smile on her face.

"Which outfit should I wear? "