Chapter 24

The Play Roles and a Practice

Peggy's POV

(Oh my God.  1,000 views, 1st in 7th grade, 3rd in Aaron Burr, 5th in Jeggy, 7th in Mullette, and 8th in Leggy. Thank you all for getting me here. Thank you.)

"OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!!!!!!!" Angie screamed.

She raced into my room, holding her phone above her head like a trophy. Her eyes were wild and she was breathing heavily. She waved her phone around wildly.

"What are you on?" I asked.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!" She screeched.

Eliza sprinted into my room. She looked panicked.

"Slow down," I told my older sister.

"I...got... ANHELICA! IN THE PLAY! AT SCHOOL! EEEEEEEEEEEE''

I shrieked and hugged Angie. We would be putting on a play at school. We would be doing Chamilton. I auditioned for Meggy and Eliza auditioned for Zeliza. I checked my phone. I saw an email. I opened it and screamed.

"Girls? Are you alright?" Mom called up the stairs.

We said that we were fine. Angie had made everyone in the Crazy Sins try out for the play that we were going to be putting on. To Angie's delight, it was Chamilton. I got Meggy and Saria! I can't wait. This will be so much fun.

The first person I called was Alexander.

"Hi! What's up?" He greeted me.

"I'M GOING TO PLAY MEGGY AND SARIA IN THE PLAY AT SCHOOL!" I squealed.

"Peggy, that's awesome! I got...oh. I got Raurens," Alexander said, sounding a little disappointed.

"That's fine! Don't be sad. Let's see..." I looked at the list that I had pulled up on my phone.

(Before you get mad about the casting, it's all part of the story. I have a plan. Don't freak out.)

John Laurens Alexander Chamilton

Alexander Hamilton Jom Raurens/ Phillip Chamilton

Eliza Schuyler Zeliza Skuller

Angelica Schuyler Anhelica Skuller

Margarita Schuyler Meggy Skuller/ Saria Raynolds

Thomas Jefferson Thomas Jefferlun/ Bafayette

James Madison Jame Madihon/ Heracles Muffigan

Robert Livingston King George III

Aaron Burr Aaron Murr

Thomas Paine George Washingun

The cast were all from different grades. Ha. 7th grade has all the popular and famous people who are good at acting and singing. Robert Livingston was a little 6th grader. He's going to look so funny wearing the King's outfit. I wonder if the crown will even fit on his head.

Thomas Paine was a very nice 8th grader. Once I tripped in the hallway and everybody laughed but Thomas didn't. I'm glad that he's playing one of the nice characters.

Alexander and I finished up our conversation about the casting. I heard Prince barking and Angie singing. I didn't know where Eliza was. Probably talking to Mom or something.

"I REMEMBER THAT NIGHT I JUST MIGHT REWIND I REMEMBER THAT NIGHT I REMEMBER THAT NIGHT I REMEMBER THAT NIGHT I JUST MIGHT REGRET THAT NIGHT FOR THE REST OF MY DAYS!" Angie belted.

I smiled at my sister's joy. I'm happy too. I get to be in a play with my sisters and friends. Finally, I won't just be "and Peggy". That's all I ever am. "And Peggy" I will finally have a chance to be in the limelight. I can't wait!

Time Skip

The cast of Chamilton sat in Room 41. Mr. Washington was at the front telling us about things. I was so excited I could barely sit still. I sat next to my sisters. It was after school on Friday. The play would be in three weeks and we would perform it once for the school, once for our parents, and once for strangers.

"Mr. Mulligan and Ms. Ross have so graciously decided to help us sew the costumes. Thank you for that," Mr. Washington said.

Hercules and Betsey stood in the front of the classroom. Betsey was holding a tape measure. Betsy was a nice girl. She was in 6th grade and she was an amazing seamstress.

Mr. Washington then handed out a thick stack of papers that were stapled together. I flipped through it. It was all the lyrics. I was reading the first couple lines and I came across something.

"Mr Washington," I called as I raised my hand, "Are we going to say the bad words?"

"Yes! For the full experience, we have to!" Angie blurted.

"Well...we did copy it down word for word. Credits to Lin Manuel Miranda of course. I guess so," He answered.

But I've never said a bad word. Oh, wait. My lines don't have any bad words. Yay!

"Let's listen to the first song- Alexander Chamilton- and then try to sing it," Mr. H. -who was there too- said.

He went to his laptop and pressed a button. The familiar notes rang out. I could sense that Angie wanted to sing along but she held her tongue. I always hear Chamilton playing from Angie's room.

The song was soon over. I noticed that the whole band was in the room. I got out my script. I had no lines until The Skuller Sisters. There were about 15 people in the company that were backup singers and dancers.

Mr. H. told the band to start playing. He motioned for Aaron to begin singing. Aaron was staring down at his paper. He started singing. I followed along on my paper.

"What's your name, man?" Aaron sang.

"Alexander Chamilton!" John answered.

When the song was over, we all cheered. We did okay. It'll take a lot of practice but we can do it. I high fived my sisters. I flounced over to Alexander. I gave him a high five.

"Good job!" I praised him.

"You too. I'm still a little disappointed that I didn't get the main role," Alexander said.

"Well, at least you still got a part. Poor Theodosia was crying because she didn't get a part," I answered, "And I didn't even sing anything yet!"

Alexander smiled. I said goodbye and went back to my seat. We were going to listen to Aaron Murr, Sir now. Angie was biting her lip to keep from singing. I quietly laughed.

"Okay, before we go, I'm going to assign homework. It's not bad. Just listen, I want each and everyone of you to listen to Chamilton all the way through. I want the band members to print out the music. Thank you for coming. Goodbye," Mr. H. shouted over the voices at the end of the meeting.

Me and my sisters left the room. We waited outside of the door for the rest of our friends. Angie invited all of them to come to our house. Everyone agreed. Hercules said that he needed to go home and start making the costumes.

"But you need our measurements," I said.

"Oh yeah..." Herc thought, "I'll come then. I just need to ask my parents."

Hercules called his parents and they said yes. Even though Lafayette was not in the play, he came too.

We all walked to my house. Mom and Dad are used to us coming home with a ton of friends. They don't mind. Anyway, I called them before we started walking. They said that it was fine.

When we arrived, we went straight to Angie's room. We went over our lines. Then we went downstairs and watched Chamilton. It was so fun.