Chapter 14: Just A Simple Talk

<Flashback/Twelve Years Ago>

The sound of a door opening caught the ears of Iris West-Allen as she turns and sees Henry walk inside as she walks over to the couch as Henry started to walk up the stairs.

Iris: Henry.

Henry stops when he hears the sound of his so called "Mothers." voice as he groans and turns around as he steps down the stairs and crosses his arms as he looks at his mother.

Henry: What?

Iris: Where were you?

Henry groans again as he sets his arms down as he walks into the dining room with Iris walking behind him.

Iris: I asked you where you were.

Henry turns around to his mother as he rolls his eyes and replies.

Henry: God. I was out.

Iris: Where?

Henry doesn't answer as he turns around and walks into the kitchen as he walks over to the fridge as he opens it up and grabs the carton of milk as he turns around to Iris.

Henry: Why do you care anyways? You never ask me where I am.

Iris: Of course I care.

Henry chuckles as he drinks from the carton of milk as he stops and looks forward.

Henry: Last time I checked it was Nora and Bart who you talk too. When's the last time you cared about me?

Iris walks over as she takes the carton of milk from Henry as she sets it down on the counter top and she slaps Henry across the face.

Iris: Don't you ever say something like that to me.

Henry rubs his cheek as he starts to walk away.

Henry: Your not even my mother.

Iris: What did you say?

Henry turns back around to Iris as he says sternly.

Henry: Your not even my mother.

Henry spins around as he walks into the living room as the door opens and Bart, Nora and Barry walk into the house as Iris closes the door.

Barry: Hey guys.

Nora: Hey, Henry.

Iris walks past Henry as she turns to Barry.

Iris: Would you please talk some sense into your son?

Barry: Why what happened?

Barry looks at Henry as Henry pushes past Iris as he goes over to the stairs and to he starts to walk but he turns back around and looks at Barry.

Henry: It's ironic she said "Your son." And not "Our son." Don't you think, dad?

Barry: Henry.