Chapter 8: A Battle For The Ages

<Present Day/Unknown>

Henry sighs as he looks down at the ground as he holds his gloves in his hand tightly and stands up and turns around.

Henry: What a cliche it was. Malcolm fucking Parker. I'd like to say that it could've been better. That maybe by some glimmer of the very thing that makes us whole somehow made it all better but it didn't.

Henry steps over to wall as he turns around and leans back against, as he sat down on the ground and put his hands on his knees as he stares up at the wall.

Henry: I tried to tell him. I tried my best make it known.

Henry sighs as he looks forward.

Henry: I told him who the real king of Central City is.

<Thirty-Six Hours Ago>

Speed Demon and Speed King stood a few feet away from each other, no words were spoken. It was as a quiet as the night sky. But it wasn't truly quiet because inside both speedsters minds there were thoughts of revenge, pain, sorrow, a force to be reckoned with.

And by a fast movement, speed king ran at speed demon to get the upper hand but speed demon grabs ahold of his rival and launches him off the rooftop as speed king fell down onto a dumpster and hit the ground hard.

Speed Demon arrived down next to him as he latched into the back of his suit and lifted him up and punched him in the face and Speed King fell down to the ground.

Speed Demon: I've spent the last seven years controlling this city, I've spent the better half of a decade making sure my city doesn't fall.

Speed Demon walks over to his side and kicks him in the gut and a small groan could be heard as his body flipped in the air and hit the ground as Speed Demon continued to speak.

Speed Demon: I'll be damned if I let some guy with a egotistical name come in and try to ruin what I've built.

Speed Demon grabs ahold of Speed king again and throws him against the dusty, rusted old wall and it broke and now speed king was inside as speed demon walked inside and once again kicked him.

Speed Demon: Why do you call yourself a king? Your nothing more than a spoiled rotten little brat who complained when I didn't give him what he wanted.

Speed King: You're a monster. And monsters fall.

Speed Demon: We'll see about that.

Speed Demon goes to grab ahold of his downed rival but speed king is able to use his speed to run out of the building and Speed Demon followed behind as the two ran until Speed King stopped at the end of a field with Speed Demon stopping at the other side.

Speed King: This city was a lot better before you arrived.

Speed Demon chuckles as he begins to make the move closer to the one who stood in his path and he replied.

Speed Demon: Before I arrived, this city was a broken down piece of shit with metas filled from top to bottom. But it was me! Me! Who saved everyone.

Speed King: Your a villain.

Speed Demon: No. As far as this story goes, I'm the hero.