Epilogue: Elaine's POV

"You are going to get stuck on that bridge if you keep crossing over into the human world." My friend Kitty warned. Kitty is the soul of a cat, but not any cat. I saved Kitty when I was five and raised her into her dying days.

When you enter the Bridge of Death the soul who loved you the most in the living world that has already passed over will walk you into the afterlife. In my case no one loved me more than Kitty.

"Come on Kitty. The gate to the bridge keeps opening for me. I'm not breaking any spirit laws." I explained. "Besides, the gate is opening less frequently for me."

"Is Rex learning how to live again?"

All I could do was nod. Rex has been dead inside since the day I died. I would cross over and read the letters he wrote because the gate always opened. I wouldn't be able to speak at first, but one night he built a shrine and we could communicate on certain nights. I guess it was just the pureness of the room. The emotions used to build it. Everyone once in a while I could hear his voice again, and he could hear mine.

When the gate opened I walked through the bridge. I really want this to be the last time, but I know it won't be. He says the same thing every time.

When I entered my room I saw the younger version of Rex. He had the same sad goofy grin with tears streaming down his face. A part of him died the day I did. That's why the gate always opens for me.

"Ellie." Rex said as cheerful as ever. "I thought you weren't coming."

"You keep opening the gate." I tried to lecture him.

I was met with his warm embrace. I was glad to feel his heart beating. I am glad he is still alive.

"I will always come when the gate opens. I will always come when you call me." I hated to admit.

"Can I come to you now?" Rex asked.

"No. Junior still needs you."

"Ty is a grown ass man." Rex said with a laugh.

"What is he doing now?"

Rex told me all about our son. Ty grew up to be a fine young man. He travels the world as an Olympic Weightlifter. After he got his heart broken he started to focus on more important things.

Himself.

Ty goes by T-Rex now. "With the strength of the Dino King" is the slogan.

The cute thing is he wears blue, pink and green. He wore the colors to represent his friends, but it also represents his sexuality. I am not fully understanding what a polysexual is, but Ty is happy.

"It's like bisexual, but with extra steps." Rex joked.

"Please stop." I laughed.

I really miss this idiot. I want nothing more for him to let go of me. For him to move on and find someone to treat him kindly. I want him to find someone so he can feel alive again.

"That's your thinking face. What are you thinking about?" Rex called me out.

"We need to stop doing this Rex."

"Why?"

"You are only hurting yourself." I tried explaining my feelings. "I just wish you had a girl that would care for you as much as I do. And it's frustrating because I can't do anything from here."

I was met with another sad smile. I knew what he was going to say before he said it. He says it every time.

"You have done more for me from where you are than any girl has done for me from where I am. If I could get to you I would. I miss you more than life."

"Just keep living for Ty." I requested.

He gave me that goofy grin. I am so worried that one of these days he is going to take his life in his hands. He needs to keep living for Ty, just like I had to die for Ty. That was the deal.

After our goodbye I met Kitty on the Bridge of Death so she can escort me back to the afterlife.

"How did it go?" Kitty asked.

"He is still fighting his battles in silence." I answered.

"And Ty?"

"He is finally being heard." I answered.

Two guys fighting two very different battles. Battles that could easily be won if they would just listen to each other. Oh well. Like father, like son.