Chapter 17: Quickie

This is so stupid. Your ex? Is that why you never go full out to hurt this guy? Like you have no issues beating my ass.

I threw my phone across the room as I punched the wall.

You're ex? The guy who dumps their lunch on you? The guy who openly mocks you and physically harms you? The guy who is actively trying to get with your sister? James made it sound like you were dating Katerina and now he is your ex?

With every confusing question I punched my wall. My strength caused little holes throughout the wall.

"And here I thought we had unannounced guests with all this knocking." My dad said as he entered my room. "We can play Connect the Dots with these bad boys."

I just glared at my dad. My knuckles were now bleeding due to punching the wall.

"Next time you enter my room, knock." I ordered.

"Fine, but at this rate you are going to punch a new doorway." my dad joked. "Go ahead and punch away. I see double doors in your future."

I just gave up after that comment. My dad didn't question me and left me alone for the rest of the night. My dad left me alone for the rest of the weekend too. I didn't say a word until I went to school on Monday.

I just didn't know why I even cared so much. I have my own stuff to worry about. One of them is being forced to be on this boxing team. I just want to lift weights.

I decided to skip lunch and go into the school's weight room. When I got there I saw James punching the punching bag while Coach Reynolds held it still from him.

"Oh T-Rex Junior, want to go around with the new champ?" Coach Reynolds asked.

James didn't look at me as he continued punching the bag.

"I would love to." Was my answer.

Both James and Coach Reynolds had a surprised reaction.

"I was kidding my boy." Coach Reynolds said. "I don't want either of my champs getting hurt before the season starts."

"He's not one of us." James said as he continued to punch the punching bag.

"Was Kyle one of you champs?" I asked.

That caused James to stop punching the bag. "That creep was never a champ."

"Didn't you guys date?"

"Do I look gay to you?" James yelled.

Honestly if I say yes I feel like I would be insulting the LGBTQ community.

"He was an experiment." James explained.

"No, he is a person."

"Look I honestly don't care what you boys do these days or what you put in your mouths. If you got beef with each other you can take it to the ring. But remember our little deal Ty." Coach Reynolds said.

I am sure our little deal is illegal. A form of blackmail if anything. He knew I broke school property with my history and could have me expelled. Still I have something he wants and he has something I want. He wants to test my skills and I want to punch James in the face.

I laced up my gloves and followed them over to the boxing room.

"Aren't you a little bit curious though? Don't you just want to experiment with people?" James asked me as we walked to the room.

"He wasn't good enough for you so now you want his sister?"

"In a perfect world we can have both."

I hate this guy.

When we walked into the boxing ring I knew that this was a match that no one can talk about. This is just two guys getting out their aggression the legal way.

"You want to know the best part about Ky. He isn't capable of telling everyone what really happened." James said with a laugh. "You should use that to your advantage."

At that moment the boxing bell rang. It didn't require much. I punched through James's block and knocked him out.

"I can have you expelled for that." Coach Reynold said.

"You wanted a champ. If you want more than a quickie you need to step in the ring. Besides, it's illegal to mix weight classes. I can have you fired for that." I replied.

I thought it would feel good knocking James out, but I didn't feel anything. I just felt empty.