Chapter 27: 6 Months Later

*6 Months Later*

It sort of feels bitter sweet packing my life away in all of these boxes. Just when I started to like my dad he decided to send me away to college. I mean it is a full ride scholarship, but he made it very clear that he would pay for me to leave.

My dad walked into my room as I was packing away my boxing gloves.

"Hey your mother said no boxing." My dad said as he tried grabbing the gloves.

"Come on dad. That could have been a weird dream." I argued.

I have been trying to repress the events of my senior year. There has been so much unwanted drama, that it is easier to ignore than to just fix. The major drama has been all of the trial cases I have been going to. My father lawyered up and has been actively trying to put James behind bars.

Of course James and his friends are counter suing for all of the fights that we were a part of. There were a few acts of public humiliation that I regret.

The worst part is that my fate is left in the hands of the Powerpuff Girls and Ky. The only real witnesses of the majority of the events.

"It wasn't a weird dream Ty." My dad whined, still worked up on the mom issue.

"Call it what you want dad." I said with a laugh. "Are you willing to part with a picture of her, so I can take her to college with me?"

"No I am not."

"I will box you for it."

I recognize a losing battle when I see one. I am going to have to steal it from him. I also enjoy how I can ask him to box with me and he freaks out about it.

I know I have a while before I leave but I figured I should say my goodbyes to everyone. The girls are coming over tonight but Ky wanted to focus more on boxing. After he won the tournament he has been putting in work to become the best. So, I got him a little going away present to hopefully encourage him to keep up the good work.

The hearing aids helped and he is learning basic English, but he still hasn't really tried to speak. I am unsure if it is something wrong with his vocal cords, or if he is too lazy to try.

I am no stranger to his house, but I went over unprompted, unannounced and unsure if wanted.

"Hey bud." I said when Ky answered the door.

Ky looked as happy as ever. It must be pretty cool being able to hear.

I have been using talk to text so Ky can hear the words and register what they are. I explained to Ky that I was leaving for college. He seemed excited and started talking about all the cool stuff I would get to do.

Talking to Ky hurt a little. I wasn't sure what kind of reaction I was expecting from him.

I knew what I wanted though. I wanted him to skip practice and come to dinner. I wanted him to be a little sad that I was leaving. I wanted some sort of emotion.

A large part of me didn't want to do what I was about to do, but I am trying to right all my wrongs. I went back to the car and retrieve Ky's gift for him. He gave me his signature confused puppy dog look.

"Just open it." I encouraged Ky.

I got Ky a new poster of my father to replace the one I ripped. I even made my dad sign it. This is a pretty expensive gift, since there is only one in the world.

Ky held it up like it was the best thing in the world. He was unable to contain his excitement. He even cried tears of joy.

Talking to Ky hurt a lot. He is the first person who did not see me as my father. His obsession with my father though is still very weird to me.

"Hey Ky, want to box before I leave." I asked.

Ky nodded as he ran inside the house with his new poster. I mean if I want to speak to him I have to do it in his language.