Back To Normal

Yinhwa's POV

A Few Months Later

Lying on my bed, my face hidden beneath the bedsheets, I remained motionless, as there was nothing better to occupy my time.

"Hey--! Who--?" Suddenly, the covers were snatched off, and before I could inquire about the intruder, I glimpsed Qingqiu's displeased face and promptly fell silent.

"The Gusu Lan Clan is hosting a banquet," He said, and I rolled my eyes in response.

"So? What do you want me to do? Dance?" I asked, sitting up and propping myself against the headboard. "I want you to attend it!" He said.

"I don't want to," I retorted, noting the twitch of his facial muscles.

He clenched his fists, seemingly ready to strike me, but managed to restrain himself. "How long will you confine yourself to your bedroom?" He asked annoyed.

"I don't know," I shrugged.

"I don't understand why you're so upset about that Son-Of-A-Literal-Bitch!," He said, making me glare at him.

"He was my brother-in-law and my friend," I mumbled. "But he killed your fiancé and married his own sister," Qingqiu exasperated, making me look away, feeling upset.

"Regardless, just go to the Lan's event. Then, you're free to do as you wish, I don't care" He urged.

"I told you I'm not going. Why are you so set on sending me to Gusu?" I asked now feeling irritated.

"Master Lan Quiren sent me a letter insisting you must attend the event no matter what!" He exclaimed, clearly frustrated.

"You're not a child anymore, Yinhwa. You can't just sit around like this," He pointed out. With a sigh, I stood up. "Okay, I'll go," I conceded.

"Thank you!" He huffed annoyed before leaving, leaving me to prepare for the event in Gusu. "Madam Yii--!" Before the maids could bring out a grand dress I cut them off.

"Something simple would do." And they groaned.

Almost all of the guests had already arrived by the time I made my entrance

Almost all of the guests had already arrived by the time I made my entrance. Lan Wangji welcomed me which kinda baffled me.

"Wangji, what a surprise!" I remarked, noticing that it was usually Lan Xichen who greeted the guests.

"Is Xichen alright?" I asked, and Wangji shook his head. "He'll be fine," he assured, and we proceeded inside. "How's Wei Wuxian doing in Gusu?" I asked.

"Eat. Night Hunts. Sleep," He replied, and I chuckled lightly. We entered the grand hall, spotting Wei Wuxian seated in a corner, and Lan Wangji took his place beside him.

Wei Wuxian noticed me, offering a wave, but Wangji discreetly lowered his hand, and I responded with an awkward smile.

"Aunt!" Called Jin Ling from his seat, directly opposite Wei Wuxian. He seemed eager to rise and embrace me but held back as Jiang Cheng pretended to cough.