Life In Lotus Pier

Yinhwa's POV

I was preparing to head to Yunmeng after receiving Yanli's invitation.

Today was a significant day as Jiang Cheng was set to officially take over as the Clan Leader, following Qingqiu's completion of his last week in that position.

"Look who's getting ready to meet their fiance." My brother couldn't resist the chance to tease me about meeting Jiang Cheng and I blushed immediately.

"For the last time! Please! I BEG OF YOU!! STOP!!" I exclaimed, throwing my comb his way, which he smoothly dodged.

"Come back home safely," he said before I mounted my sword to head to Lotus Pier. He'd been teasing me relentlessly since the engagement.

Upon arriving, I joined Yanli at the ceremony. "Sorry I'm late," I said a bit guilty, to which she warmly welcomed me.

"You look beautiful," Wei Wuxian complimented as he stood by my side, just as Jiang Cheng began his speech.

"I, Jiang Cheng, son of Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan, hereby officially succeed as Clan Leader Jiang," Jiang Cheng declared.

"The Jiang Clan's core value is to attempt the impossible. As long as I am alive, I vow to devote myself to our Clan and shield it from any disaster," He proclaimed, prompting all the disciples to bow before him.

Later in the evening, Yanli and I wandered by the peaceful pond, engaging in conversation until the sky started to dim.

Afterwards, I headed to the Jiang ancestral hall to pay my respects to Yu Ziyuan and Jiang Fengmian.

Jiang Cheng awaited me as I exited the hall, his presence appearing more striking with each passing day. 'Damn he looks so fucking hot!!'

"You made it," he said, "Of course, Yanli's invitation called for it. So, how's life at the helm of the Clan?" I asked.

He responded with a painful expression on his face, leading me to chuckle. "Is it that difficult?" I asked, and he simply nodded.

"Paperwork is a pain, especially in reconstructing what those Wen bastards destroyed. It's not as simple as pie," Jiang Cheng sighed as we sat by Lotus Pier.

"If it's that burdensome, why not give some if your work to Wei Wuxian?" I suggested.

"Ha, as if he's ever around. Forget about him. The mere thought gets me annoyed," Jiang Cheng remarked, and I chuckled.

"And how is Brother Qingqiu doing?" he asks, and now my expression soured.

"Don't even get me started. Since the Sunshot Campaign, our Clan has expanded considerably." We're currently on par with the Nie Clan.

"It took some time for us to adjust to the new circumstances. If my brother was overwhelmed, he handed off his work to me. But now we're managing just fine," I explained.