Introduction to Cultivation Ft. Juniors

Yinhwa's Pov

As we went door to door, seeking shelter in a town unfamiliar to us, Shizui approached a house and inquired, "Madam, are you the owner of this shop?" We gathered near.

"Madam, we're new to this town and have lost our way. Could you please allow us to rest for a while?" Wei Wuxian politely requested. "My house isn't an inn," She curtly replied.

"Madam, please, be kind," Wei Wuxian urged, and after a brief moment, she disappeared inside.

"Will she really let us in?" Jin Ling questioned. "Of course, my foot is wedged here," Wei Wuxian explained, drawing our attention to his trapped foot between the door.

"If you won't let us in, I'll just kick the door open," I threatened, prompting her to relent. "Madam, why is the room so dimly lit?" I askwd.

"There's a candle on the table, help yourselves," She replied before retreating to another attached room.

Shizui ignited the candle with a talisman, illuminating the room, revealing dozens of hanging dolls, which startled everyone.

"Aahh! Whoa!!"

"Why are you all so scared? They're just a bunch of dolls," I assured them, calming their nerves.

"Hey, you're not a madman," Jingyi, observing Wei Wuxian closely remarked, only for Wei Wuxian to realize he had forgotten his mask.

"Who said I'm mad?" He replied.

"Why do you wear that mask then?" Jingyi asked. "It's because I like its unique style. Anyway, Yinhwa and I are heading to the kitchen. Who'll volunteer to help?" He asked.

"I'll do it!" Shizui volunteered, and the three of us made our way to the kitchen. Wei Wuxian began inspecting the items.

"Oi! Wei-, you're not planning on cooking, are you?" I questioned holding myself from calling him by his name.

"Yeah, how did you know?" He replied, to which I scowled. "No! Let me handle it. You'll end up killing the kids with your cooking before the poison does," I insisted.

"Hey, my cooking is not that bad," He defended.

"Yeah, right!!" I scoffed. "Why does this place reek? What are you all doing instead of detoxifying them?" Jin Ling grumbled as he entered.

"Hey, Jin Ling, how did you know I was about to call you?" Wei Wuxian asked. "This place smells like someone killed someone and forgot to bury the body," Jin Ling scoffed.

"If you're going to help, then stay, otherwise, go back and send someone else," I said, firmly and he reluctantly agreed. "Okay fine~~~ I'll help."

"Shizui, get me a bucket of water to clean the kitchen," Wei Wuxian instructed, sending him out to fetch it. "You're not planning on cooking, are you?" Jin Ling asked.

"Of course! I'm going to cook. You sweep up the dirt and rubbish around here," Wei Wuxian directed. After tidying up the kitchen, we started cooking.

Wei Wuxian took a bowl, poured rice into it, and began mixing it with water. "Why are you making Congee? It's not tasty and it's bland," Jin Ling commented.

"It's not for you, anyway," Wei Wuxian retorted. "Why? I worked hard, but I won't get anything?" BHe questioned.

"Now, now, let's not get agitated. There's more than enough for everyone. Ah-Xian, stop being a bully towards my nephew," I intervened, suddenly realizing my slip.

Both of us virtually panicked.

'Shit! Will they ask me about it?'

"His name is Mo Xuanyu, not Xian," Jin Ling corrected me. "Ha ha ha... It's his courtesy name," I replied, and although he scowled, he didn't press the matter further.